Cigarette Lighter Plug Working Intermittently

vyhanh

Hi,

My 91 LS 400 cig lighter works on and off. I notice that when outside temp is warm, it mostly works. First thing in the morning, it does not work. Anybody knows if it is linked to some kind of temp sensor or does it have a circuit by itself? How t check it using a meter?

TIA

VH

Well, my front one doesn't work at all, and regardless of how many times I have asked the dealership to do it while I am there for an oil change, they either forget, or don't mention it. GRR

Thanks for reminding me.

Not that I need a cigarette lighter for anything except charging my phone, but still it's inconvienant to have to keep reaching in the backseat. Not to mention I feel ghetto doing it.

Hi,

My 91 LS 400 cig lighter works on and off. I notice that when outside temp is warm, it mostly works. First thing in the morning, it does not work. Anybody knows if it is linked to some kind of temp sensor or does it have a circuit by itself? How t check it using a meter?

TIA

VH