Upgrades To Es330 Nav System And Xm Radio/ipod

I am going to purchase my ES330 after the leasing period. I am looking at a few upgrades:

1) Upgrade to the Nav system - I know I can get the map update but is there any other upgrades that change the look and feel to be more in line with what is currently offered? I'm hoping there is a software upgrade that changes the graphics on the screen.

2) I had XM installed but the display on shows the first 10 characters for the title and song. I know XM broadcasts the full set of info (i.e. full artist name and song title) so I'm wondering if anyone bought a different XM radio that will display the full name.

3) iPod connectivity - has anyone installed an iPod system with Nav and XM? What system? What functionality did you lose (I hear you lose the 6 CD changer)?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Don't quote me on this....buy I have heard from several sources that the Nav upgrade is severl hundred bucks. Can anyone confirm? :unsure:

:cheers:

Yes the OEM disc cost around $299 on ebay and little more MSRP i think. If you ask the dealer to install it, they will charge a high "labor" charge to install the dvd. Takes up to 5 minutes depending where you navigation drive is located.

Yes the OEM disc cost around $299 on ebay and little more MSRP i think. If you ask the dealer to install it, they will charge a high "labor" charge to install the dvd. Takes up to 5 minutes depending where you navigation drive is located.

Yeah, my sources did say the cost of the upgrade itself, plus labour.

:cheers: