Loc Twds Update

kilrone

OK, now for the good part. The car is sitting in the driveway at home awaiting my return. (Probably like the car rental commercial currently running) However, I'm sitting poolside in Scottsdale contemplating my next round of golf!

Arrived on Saturday afternoon. Have to stop by the Rusty Spur Saloon when you hit town. That took care of Saturday. (Mandatory per LOC TWDS rulebook Section 9.1.1) Woke up Sunday for a round at Camelback Gold Club. Have to say the brand new clubs definitely outplayed my swing. My 15.1 didn't hold up as I shot a 91 to start the week. Hell, still better than a day at work. (Raining and miserable in Seattle) Although I'm not playing today (Mariner's game to attend) I do have rounds scheduled for Tuesday and Wednsday. Hopefully I can spend a little time on the swing so I can get a little more out of the rounds.

I've heard of West Coast and East Coast sites and I'm up for either direction. We can also consider a stop down in Texas to split the difference. Some nice golf destinations down there I'm sure. In that case maybe I'll drive. That way we can get the Lexus Company to pony-up for some incentives for attending the First Annual LOC TWDS Tournament. I'm sure they could get some advertising mileage out of that one. Tell em if they come up big we'll give them ad rights to our annual Lexus Gathering. Sounds good to me at least.

I'm going to have some Lexus homework left on the vehicle when I get home. I want to put a light tint job on the windows, a wheel upgrade, and some odds and ends to make it like I want it. Hell, hardest thing to find so far has been a decent litter receptacle for the car. Looking for something to sit on the rear flooring but it's like they don't produce anything nice any more. You would think it would be the opposite n today's "Green" world but I guess not.

Well hard to concentrate on those details as the activity increases by the pool. Other things to grab my attention here. I would say I'll be thinking of ya'll as I sit by the pool buy hey, why start with a lie. If I ever start thinking of Forum responses in the middle of a parade of bikinis well, throw some dirt on me because I might as well have not woke up today.

Later,

Kil

OK, now for the good part. The car is sitting in the driveway at home awaiting my return. (Probably like the car rental commercial currently running) However, I'm sitting poolside in Scottsdale contemplating my next round of golf!

Arrived on Saturday afternoon. Have to stop by the Rusty Spur Saloon when you hit town. That took care of Saturday. (Mandatory per LOC TWDS rulebook Section 9.1.1) Woke up Sunday for a round at Camelback Gold Club. Have to say the brand new clubs definitely outplayed my swing. My 15.1 didn't hold up as I shot a 91 to start the week. Hell, still better than a day at work. (Raining and miserable in Seattle) Although I'm not playing today (Mariner's game to attend) I do have rounds scheduled for Tuesday and Wednsday. Hopefully I can spend a little time on the swing so I can get a little more out of the rounds.

I've heard of West Coast and East Coast sites and I'm up for either direction. We can also consider a stop down in Texas to split the difference. Some nice golf destinations down there I'm sure. In that case maybe I'll drive. That way we can get the Lexus Company to pony-up for some incentives for attending the First Annual LOC TWDS Tournament. I'm sure they could get some advertising mileage out of that one. Tell em if they come up big we'll give them ad rights to our annual Lexus Gathering. Sounds good to me at least.

I'm going to have some Lexus homework left on the vehicle when I get home. I want to put a light tint job on the windows, a wheel upgrade, and some odds and ends to make it like I want it. Hell, hardest thing to find so far has been a decent litter receptacle for the car. Looking for something to sit on the rear flooring but it's like they don't produce anything nice any more. You would think it would be the opposite n today's "Green" world but I guess not.

Well hard to concentrate on those details as the activity increases by the pool. Other things to grab my attention here. I would say I'll be thinking of ya'll as I sit by the pool buy hey, why start with a lie. If I ever start thinking of Forum responses in the middle of a parade of bikinis well, throw some dirt on me because I might as well have not woke up today.

Later,

Kil

Sounds awesome!!! I bet I know where you are in Scottsdale... I would probably be in the same place had my son's soccer tournament in Phoenix had happened, with my Lexus though! The team decided not to go, but had a great Easter weekend at home. Where are your rounds on Tuesday and Wednesday being played? Got your camera? some pictures of the parade would be nice...

Hey kilrone and AZ, the midwest or Texas suits me. And, I think we might be able to get Lexus to pony up something and maybe the LOC!!! We all have to test our TWDS!!! But I can't play till I fix my driver (I keep hitting the darn thing on the heel/hosel...gosh, I was hitting it great there for awhile and I am hitting all my other clubs ok....man!)

Hey I just checked the USGA LOC TWDS rule book and that is rule 9.1.1. It is also under rule 30-3 (e) Best Ball and Four Ball Match Play Disqualification of Side, "if said player or players do not hit saloon before round, the side is disqualified"!!! ha ha.....hey, we gotta make this thing happen, we would have a blast!

By the way kilrone, as you can tell from the word "blast" I used in that last sentence and from what you said "a light tint job on the windows", I think we are both in a mid-life crisis! Gosh, tinted windows!!! I bet your base is turned way up too (one of the odds and ends you are going to add is a 500 watt woofer in the trunk huh!). LOL

JGT:

Actually I've had a partner at work for 24 years. He swears it's a mid-life crisis. I call it reality. What the heck am I going to do when I'm 75 that I wouldn't prefer doing now? At 75 a perfectly tuned DVR and some soft TP should be all I need. Right now the clubs come in handy and the car is fun to drive. All I need is a little bit of supplemental income (Real Estate License) to go along with my pension that kicks in at 53 YOA (That would be 22 months and 10 days if I was one of those guys who counted but since I'm not....) and I'm ready to fine-tune the TWDS. I'm not much of a sound guy for the stereo (hell, FM AM sounds fine to me) but the tint and wheels adds a bit to the car IMHO.

AZ08:

Not really sure. Somewhere in the Sun City area Tuesday. Unknown on Wed. either. The guy with the timeshare at Camelback Resort (where I stay) knows a group of people who have migrated this way and he simply sets up the tee times and I jump in the backseat of the rental. (less thinking that way) If they don't grab me for a tee time or a Mariner's game then I head to the pool. Keeps life simply while on vacation. I'm sure there will be 6 or 7 games left, along with a quick trip to Havasu and Vegas, before I head home on the 7th.

Maybe next year your team will make it to Phoenix and we'll hook up for some games. Better be careful though. The guy who has the timeshare is a former CPA and he keeps books on all the bets. I could swear I was winning sometimes but at the end...well... lol. He does like to have multiple games though. Keeps you in the game the whole way. No Michael Jordan bets though. Biggest is $1 $1 $1 with automatic presses. (and of course the specials)

Well it was 88 today in Phoenix for all of you not able to work on the TWDS at this time. ( :) ) Tomorrow will only be 87 though so I will have to muddle through as best as I can.

Later,

Kil

JGT:

Actually I've had a partner at work for 24 years. He swears it's a mid-life crisis. I call it reality. What the heck am I going to do when I'm 75 that I wouldn't prefer doing now? At 75 a perfectly tuned DVR and some soft TP should be all I need. Right now the clubs come in handy and the car is fun to drive. All I need is a little bit of supplemental income (Real Estate License) to go along with my pension that kicks in at 53 YOA (That would be 22 months and 10 days if I was one of those guys who counted but since I'm not....) and I'm ready to fine-tune the TWDS. I'm not much of a sound guy for the stereo (hell, FM AM sounds fine to me) but the tint and wheels adds a bit to the car IMHO.

AZ08:

Not really sure. Somewhere in the Sun City area Tuesday. Unknown on Wed. either. The guy with the timeshare at Camelback Resort (where I stay) knows a group of people who have migrated this way and he simply sets up the tee times and I jump in the backseat of the rental. (less thinking that way) If they don't grab me for a tee time or a Mariner's game then I head to the pool. Keeps life simply while on vacation. I'm sure there will be 6 or 7 games left, along with a quick trip to Havasu and Vegas, before I head home on the 7th.

Maybe next year your team will make it to Phoenix and we'll hook up for some games. Better be careful though. The guy who has the timeshare is a former CPA and he keeps books on all the bets. I could swear I was winning sometimes but at the end...well... lol. He does like to have multiple games though. Keeps you in the game the whole way. No Michael Jordan bets though. Biggest is $1 $1 $1 with automatic presses. (and of course the specials)

Well it was 88 today in Phoenix for all of you not able to work on the TWDS at this time. ( :) ) Tomorrow will only be 87 though so I will have to muddle through as best as I can.

Later,

Kil

Oh, I thought maybe you were up around the TPC Golf Course, there is a nice place to stay, the Resort Suites of Scottsdale. No golf course, but close to many and a bunch of pools with service. Keep those drinks coming!

Ok kilrone, able to retire at 53! What company did that! Gee, wish I got that email when I was looking for a job!!!

Hey, it was 52 degrees here in PA and I got in 36 holes!!! I didn't even sweat and I bet you did...haha!!! I am glad I get to drive my Lexus because I sure can't drive with my driver!!!! :wacko::censored:

Ok kilrone, able to retire at 53! What company did that! Gee, wish I got that email when I was looking for a job!!!

Hey, it was 52 degrees here in PA and I got in 36 holes!!! I didn't even sweat and I bet you did...haha!!! I am glad I get to drive my Lexus because I sure can't drive with my driver!!!! :wacko::censored:

Looks like Scottsdale will be 87 today, and so will Tucson... Kilrone, you guys should plan coming down to Tucson and trying out the Gallery, where the Accenture World Match Play took place. What a beautiful course with desert valley and mountain views! You can catch some Spring Training games as well...

Looks like Scottsdale will be 87 today, and so will Tucson... Kilrone, you guys should plan coming down to Tucson and trying out the Gallery, where the Accenture World Match Play took place. What a beautiful course with desert valley and mountain views! You can catch some Spring Training games as well...

Hey AZ, you sound a bit too anxious and you are referencing a great course (of course all course in AZ are great). Watch out kilrone, I think AZ is a ringer!!!! One of those guys that gets you on the course (and says he is an ok golfer) and then kicks your (and our) butts!!!! That's him there kicking our butts---> :chairshot:

haha

Hey AZ, you sound a bit too anxious and you are referencing a great course (of course all course in AZ are great). Watch out kilrone, I think AZ is a ringer!!!! One of those guys that gets you on the course (and says he is an ok golfer) and then kicks your (and our) butts!!!! That's him there kicking our butts---> :chairshot:

haha

Funny you should say that. I once was playing in one of those scramble outings by the company I used to work for where we only had three people and one of our mates said he had a friend that could join us. He told us that he says he shoots 87. Well, that's not bad, it could definitely help. Then he came out and could barely hit the ball. I guess when somebody tells you that they shoot something like an 87, they mean that is their best score ever! The moral here is that better golfers just say they are alright and they understand that it is relative to the audience they are talking to. Depending who asks you, 87 may be great or horrible!

I am not alright, I am OK. The best I have gotten my slope was about a 9, but that was a while ago. Currently, with as little as I get to play, I am more of a 12-14. But on a scramble, look out! I have ringers on my speed dial!!! I can call them and talk through the BT in the car. Depending on the rules, LOC members only? If so, I better hurry up and tell them to sign up!

TWDS Update:

Well had a couple of OK rounds. Shot a 92 at Cimarron up at Sun City Grande then a 91 at Moon Valley. Taking today to devote to some pool time. Ah, the life of LOC member. If I knew this came with vehicle ownership I would've been prompted to buy much sooner in life. Tomorrow we're up at Pinnacle Peak then an unknown one on Sunday. Somehow I'll muddle my way through.

AZ: I will have to wait until my return trip when I come back in a couple of months to finish my Real Estate licensing. I will definitely drop a line when I start heading back so I can get down Tuscon way. Sounds like a blast.

JGT: Naw, don't think you want my retirement system. Being a street-cleaner for Seattle (OK, some of us are called cops) is not bad but I don't know if I would recommend it nowadays.

Well, don't want to get carried away in here since I have a couple of Tequila Drivers waiting poolside.

Best to all,

Kil

TWDS Update:

Well had a couple of OK rounds. Shot a 92 at Cimarron up at Sun City Grande then a 91 at Moon Valley. Taking today to devote to some pool time. Ah, the life of LOC member. If I knew this came with vehicle ownership I would've been prompted to buy much sooner in life. Tomorrow we're up at Pinnacle Peak then an unknown one on Sunday. Somehow I'll muddle my way through.

AZ: I will have to wait until my return trip when I come back in a couple of months to finish my Real Estate licensing. I will definitely drop a line when I start heading back so I can get down Tuscon way. Sounds like a blast.

JGT: Naw, don't think you want my retirement system. Being a street-cleaner for Seattle (OK, some of us are called cops) is not bad but I don't know if I would recommend it nowadays.

Well, don't want to get carried away in here since I have a couple of Tequila Drivers waiting poolside.

Best to all,

Kil

Uh Oh AZ, maybe kilrone is the ringer!!! I would say I shoot in the 80s, but I would mean temperature not score!!! lol. I am about a 16 handicap....mid 90s (not temperature, score). Still, we would have some fun! Ok I think I blew it now; you guys are going to tell me the LOC TWDS Annual Golf Outing is in Texas while you two play in Arizona...yeah that's it. AZ is a 9 handicap and kil is a 12....I am doomed. You will have me at some muni while you play at a tpc!!! LOL :geek: FORE!

TWDS Update:

Best to all,

Kil

Uh Oh AZ, maybe kilrone is the ringer!!! I would say I shoot in the 80s, but I would mean temperature not score!!! lol. I am about a 16 handicap....mid 90s (not temperature, score). Still, we would have some fun! Ok I think I blew it now; you guys are going to tell me the LOC TWDS Annual Golf Outing is in Texas while you two play in Arizona...yeah that's it. AZ is a 9 handicap and kil is a 12....I am doomed. You will have me at some muni while you play at a tpc!!! LOL :geek: FORE!

That's what handicaps are for, to even the playing field for things like betting games. Now that we have evened the field, what kind $$$ are we talking about? Will I have to hit the range and prepare for you guys so I don't lose my shorts and the car keys, uh FOB?

BTW- ringers like to inflate their handicap to make it look like they are not that good and have an unfair advantage over the competition. JGT, you are giving us this false sense of comfort, you dog! I almost fell for it!!!

That's what handicaps are for, to even the playing field for things like betting games. Now that we have evened the field, what kind $$$ are we talking about? Will I have to hit the range and prepare for you guys so I don't lose my shorts and the car keys, uh FOB?

BTW- ringers like to inflate their handicap to make it look like they are not that good and have an unfair advantage over the competition. JGT, you are giving us this false sense of comfort, you dog! I almost fell for it!!!

Uh oh, you caught me! I really have an 18 handicap (I am a sandbagger!). Hey, one other thing, I don't bet on golf (one because I am really that bad, and two, I don't want to ruin the game for me! I like competing against the course not against those I am playing the round with...just a stupid quirk I have). By the way, I think you and kilrone will appreciate this. I have a buddy in my regular foursome that doesn't want to put his HIGH scores in for his handicap!!!!! What!!!??? I tried to explain to him that you want a "realistic" handicap so you can use it to even the playing field. Apparantly he wants to be able to say he has a low handicap!!!! omg!!!! He is funny though! lol

Uh oh, you caught me! I really have an 18 handicap (I am a sandbagger!). Hey, one other thing, I don't bet on golf (one because I am really that bad, and two, I don't want to ruin the game for me! I like competing against the course not against those I am playing the round with...just a stupid quirk I have). By the way, I think you and kilrone will appreciate this. I have a buddy in my regular foursome that doesn't want to put his HIGH scores in for his handicap!!!!! What!!!??? I tried to explain to him that you want a "realistic" handicap so you can use it to even the playing field. Apparantly he wants to be able to say he has a low handicap!!!! omg!!!! He is funny though! lol

That is funny, it's alright. When he does play against people who want to make things a "little more interesting," he's going to wish he counted all his scores. Unless he likes to give money away. A long time ago I have played for big stakes, nothing in the Michael Jordan range, but you know, $50 to $100 might have exchanged hands. That definitely made the game interesting but nerve racking. Now I like to play where the most you can loose is $18-$20. Then there is something riding in every shot, but it doesn't hurt as much when you screw up.

[

That is funny, it's alright. When he does play against people who want to make things a "little more interesting," he's going to wish he counted all his scores. Unless he likes to give money away. A long time ago I have played for big stakes, nothing in the Michael Jordan range, but you know, $50 to $100 might have exchanged hands. That definitely made the game interesting but nerve racking. Now I like to play where the most you can loose is $18-$20. Then there is something riding in every shot, but it doesn't hurt as much when you screw up.

Hey I still get crap from some of my friends when I would only bet a nickel in a card game (and all they were asking for was a minimum 25 cents)!!! I am cheap! Of course, that is how I got to buy my new ES, nickels I saved up from not betting too high in card games! LOL