00 Ls400 Rated As High Performance By Insurance

92silverls400

Has anyone's LS400 been rated as a high performance vehicle by their insurance company. my premium went up to 3K for one year including insuring a 07 toyt suv. after I called the insurance company, and complaint about it, they took a look at it again, and told me it was a mistake, and dropped my premium by 1k. so all of you, please check on your policy. I have a clean record, no tickets, no claims for over 10 years.

Has anyone's LS400 been rated as a high performance vehicle by their insurance company. my premium went up to 3K for one year including insuring a 07 toyt suv. after I called the insurance company, and complaint about it, they took a look at it again, and told me it was a mistake, and dropped my premium by 1k. so all of you, please check on your policy. I have a clean record, no tickets, no claims for over 10 years.

It is not at all uncommon for cars with V8 engines to raise people's insurance rates. My rates for a V6 Mitsubishi Diamante were higher than for the 4-cylinder Camry, but going from the Mitsubishi's V6 to the Lexus' V8 did not change my rates at all. So it probably depends on your insurance company, and the relationship you have with your agent (if you have one). My agent is a family friend who does his best to work with me on the price of my coverage. That is probably why my rates did not change.

It is not at all uncommon for cars with V8 engines to raise people's insurance rates. My rates for a V6 Mitsubishi Diamante were higher than for the 4-cylinder Camry, but going from the Mitsubishi's V6 to the Lexus' V8 did not change my rates at all. So it probably depends on your insurance company, and the relationship you have with your agent (if you have one). My agent is a family friend who does his best to work with me on the price of my coverage. That is probably why my rates did not change.

thanks for the reply, I had a 92 LS400 in 2005 until june of 2006, and my insurance rate did not go up. but once i purchased the 2000 LS400, the rate jumped, had I not called up the company, I would have kept paying a higher premium. The agent stated that she had input my vin # into the computer, and it came out to be a high performance vehicle. the agent had to do more research into this, and found out that this vehicle should be classified as a standard policy, the agent also stated this occurs for vehicles in california. I actually told them this is a 4door vehicle and is a old mans car B) . so i am happy now, and my premium is down !!! :D I have been using this insurance company for 20yrs.

i have pretty much same rate for my LS400 and civic:)

amount of cylinders does not matter, i was thinking about buying evo X but when i called ins, they quoted me 4k just for that car and it only has 4 cyl!!!:)

got 04 LS430 instead and insurance for it is only 900$ per 6 month for full collision.