suspension gs400

I'm thinking about lowering my 99 gs400 using eibach pro springs and the L-tuned shocks. I have already ordered the l-tuned recelibrated ecu. All I am looking to do is make the syeering more responsive, lose the body lean but at the same time not to sacrifice the comfort. Any recommendations. If you like email me at candymi@aol.com.

thanks

Well with the L-Tuned ECU the wheel will be alittle more responsive...

As for the suspension if you really want to try to eliminate the bodyroll you'll also need some Sway Bars, those and the L-Tuned/Eibach should get you mostly where you want to be... You'll still have some bodyroll but nothing like it is now stock... BTW you might want to look into getting a TRD Lower chassis Brace and a Tom's rear brace too....

Here are my TRD Sways with my TRD lower chasis brace.. 1427trd_painted_parts.jpg

The TRD sway bars and TRD lower chassis brace seem like a great idea but will I lose all the comfort or just the body roll. Is there any place that you recommend to purchase from and what do these parts normally cost?

thanks

gs4

The TRD sway bars and TRD lower chassis brace seem like a great idea but will I lose all the comfort or just the body roll.  Is there any place that you recommend to purchase from and what do these parts normally cost?

thanks

gs4

GS4, yes you lose some comfort, but not all... As for the parts, I can get you the TRD sways for under $500. and the Lower Chassis Brace for around $150... The install on both are easy and even if you just have basic car knowledge your good to go. Or If you can't do it , I'm not that far away....

I'll let you know when I need the sways and lower brace. How much would you want to install them? Also what mods can I do to get some more power in the low end, i'm talking just minor beginer mods because cash is tight for now.

I'll make you a deal for the install... You wax my car while I'm putting parts on yours.. I do this stuff for fun. I'm putting together a gathering March 29th out in Long Island at a race track you are more then welcome to join.. Pm me your info if you want to come along.. I expect about 30 or so Lexo's....

wow , i didnt expect that. thanks. After I do the lowereing I'll purchase the other parts and get back to you. You must really enjoy what you do. People on the Lex forum or definitely not as stuck up as the people on the bmw forum (prior to the gs I had a 3 series with a complete m package).

• 2 months later...

I personaly use the TEIN CS Spec. on my GS 430. I also use the TRD sawy bars, cusco rear uper 40mm bar and the cusco lower front chassisy bar. I did give up some of the quote un quote lexus feel but well worth the $$ spent.

Last night I just lowered the car with H&R Coil Over, add brembo brakes , L-Tuned Steering ECU and change my 98 Gs400 rear lights with 03 lights :)

So I got 5 more year to my old new car :)

I'm thinking about lowering my 99 gs400 using eibach pro springs and the L-tuned shocks. I have already ordered the l-tuned recelibrated ecu. All I am looking to do is make the syeering more responsive, lose the body lean but at the same time not to sacrifice the comfort. Any recommendations. If you like email me at candymi@aol.com.

thanks

With the set up you stated, you will not lose all the body roll, but most will be gone. This is a good set up by the way. :cheers:

• 4 months later...

I found my GS400 still had some front end looseness after installing the L-tuned struts and springs with 18" rims. I added the TRD strut tower bar and this made the front end handling tight and predictable.

I've seen other postings where the strut tower bar was claimed to be more effective in this regard than the lower chassis brace. This makes sense because the chassis brace cannot stop the strut towers from flexing and changing the steering geometry during hard cornering or over bumps. Of course, you could put both on the car...