Martin Levinson Cd Changer With Stuck Disks

:(

I did not do my homework! I loaded my LS430 ML radio with copy CD's having paper labels, and as a lot of you might suspect, they have jammed the changer so it will not unload or load disks. Won't play them either. Thus, until I fix this problem, no playing CD's in this car.

I have read on forums, that Lexus dealers just replace the whole radio when customers have this problem, not an option in my case.

Has anyone been able to get the disks out? Any sources for shops in Southern California that will perform this service?

Try taking a credit or business card and covering half of it with double stick tape and shoving it in there, grab the CD and gently pull it out.

I had this happen to CD I had (retail actually) which just seemed to have really smooth laquer on it. CD came out; changer reset itself; no harm no foul.

I think somehow the rollers slip when they get loaded into the system and the machine isn't quite sure if the disk is in or out. It happened when I tried to eject it I think.

I did not do my homework! I loaded my LS430 ML radio with copy CD's having paper labels, and as a lot of you might suspect, they have jammed the changer so it will not unload or load disks. Won't play them either. Thus, until I fix this problem, no playing CD's in this car.

I have read on forums, that Lexus dealers just replace the whole radio when customers have this problem, not an option in my case.

Has anyone been able to get the disks out? Any sources for shops in Southern California that will perform this service?

• 2 months later...

I had 6 discs stuck in my SC430 CD player, all with paper labels. I got them out by pressing load and then, as soon as the CD door opened, I pressed the eject button, which partially ejected disc #1. I was able to pull it out using a silverware knife and tweezers. I then loaded an acceptable disc into #1. As soon as it started playing, I pressed load, the door came open, #2 became visible and I immediately pressed the eject button. Out came #2, but again I had to extract it with the knife and tweezers because it was a half inch shy of being reachable with my fingers. By the way, the disc at this point will not be caught mechanically by the mechanism. It is just that the paper label creates too much thickness and friction. The disc comes right out with the knife and tweezers. As soon as #2 was extracted, #1 ejected automatically, because that is what I had told the player to do by pressing the eject button. So I loaded the good #1 back in the player, pressed load and then loaded a good #2.

From there on, you just repeat the process. That is, you have loaded an acceptable #2. Press load. Press eject as soon as #3 becomes visible. Out comes #3. Pull it out with the knife and tweezers, etc. until all 6 discs have been extracted and replaced with acceptable ones.