Basic Lockpick 3

I installed the CoastalETech Basic LockPick 3 in my '08 RX350. This is the unit that unlocks the Nav while you're driving. It does a fine job at doing that - you can access the POI and enter destination information while the vehicle is moving. But when it goes back to the map display it seem like the unit can no longer figure out where I am - it seems to think I've driven off the road or something. I've read in other threads that this may be because while the unit is unlocked the speed sensor is disabled, so it thinks you're standing still. Is that true? And how do you get the GPS to know where you are again? TIA. -Chip

Same thing happens to me. Yes....the speed sensor is disabled while you're entering information, so the GPS sometimes gets lost. It usually "finds itself" after a while, but sometimes it takes quite a while. A drawback for sure.

Occasionally, mine takes so long, I just stop somewhere and wait a minute or two for it to catch up. Bummer!

I said "occasionally" if it doesn't catch up, I'll pull over and wait a minute. Most times it will catch up. The thing is, the faster you're moving, the longer it takes to catch up. If you're entering a destination while you're moving, the screen will usually "grey out" for a few seconds and then come back on to let you continue entering information. That's the GPS adjusting to where you are. It's when it doesn't grey out that the GPS will lose you, and take some time to catch up.

That's how mine works. :)