15,000 Mile Service

JET-MECHANIC

I just reached 15,000 miles on my 2007 ES350 and called 2 Lexus dealers for prices on service. One in Brooklyn (walking distance from my house) is asking $397.00 plus tax but the one in New Jersey (where I leased it) is asking $357.00 plus tax. I'm looking for any feedback from someone who has had the 15,000 mile service done or someone who has changed the Hepa filter on their own. The last oil change/tire rotation at 10,000 miles cost me $99.00. Does anyone think I'm better off changing the filter myself and having the oil change /tire rotation done by the dealer or just let the dealer do the entire job? Thanks for your input.

It all depends. Anyone can do the service, Toyota, an independent mechanic, you, a gas station. Its not a complicated car to work on.

The question is, do you feel that having it serviced at the dealer is important and worthwhile to you. In my experience the Lexus dealer is not THAT much more than Toyota. Sure they charged $99 vs $175. But for that $175 I got a Lexus loaner, and I don't have time to sit around and wait for the work to be done. At the Lexus dealer I drop it off the night before, get my loaner, and pick it up the next afternoon. In order to do that at Toyota I'd have to rent a car for 2 days at $30 a day and so I might save $15, but I'd have a crappy economy car and it'd be a hassle.