Rx 450h?

Does anyone have any information on when the new RX 450h will be available?

NEVER...hopefully.....

We needed an RX225h and got....

Doesn't Lexus raise their number designations only when they put bigger motors in their cars? ... is that why the assumption of a larger (450h) number? Our 400h has more power than it needs, so I'd hope they could make one with a smaller / more fuel efficient ICE / more electric version IMO.

NEVER...hopefully.....

Doesn't Lexus raise their number designations only when they put bigger motors in their cars? ... is that why the assumption of a larger (450h) number? Our 400h has more power than it needs, so I'd hope they could make one with a smaller / more fuel efficient ICE / more electric version IMO.

Yes, the Rx400h engine should at least be upgraded to DFI if not replaced entirely with the new larger displacement Atkinson cycle I4 in the Camry.

Do you suppose the Ford Escape hybrid system could be retrofitted into a Sienna..??

NEVER...hopefully.....

Yes they do and the rumor is that they will be putting the new engine in the model redesign. It will be the same engine as the GS 450h.

More importantly, I heard that Cayenne twin-turbo-fighter, an RX400h-SS will sport 600 HP and will do 0-60 in a mere 4.7 seconds. Fuel mileage is said to be a very respectfull 20 MPG on average.

Sorry, WWest, I couldn't resist..... :chairshot:

More importantly, I heard that Cayenne twin-turbo-fighter, an RX400h-SS will sport 600 HP and will do 0-60 in a mere 4.7 seconds. Fuel mileage is said to be a very respectfull 20 MPG on average.

Sorry, WWest, I couldn't resist.....:chairshot:

You are mistaken only by the designation, it will be the RX 600h-SS, it will sticker for a base of $104,000, has to be ordered with a mimimum of at least $12,000 worth of options in the USA and at only 20mpg city/hwy, when gas hits $5.20 for premium (a gallon) this fall no one will buy them.

:censored::cheers:

Personally my 08 RX 400h is fast enough, if anything I want even better fuel economy with even more electric running capability on the next generation. Smaller engine no, larger engine not needed either, the present one is big enough, does the qtr mile quicker than a Porsche Cayenne S now geezzzzzes! If anything it needs

an improvement in the suspension to match it acceleration capability, something more like the Porsche Cayenne S

:rolleyes:

You are mistaken only by the designation, it will be the RX 600h-SS, it will sticker for a base of $104,000, has to be ordered with a mimimum of at least $12,000 worth of options in the USA and at only 20mpg city/hwy, when gas hits $5.20 for premium (a gallon) this fall no one will buy them.

Personally my 08 RX 400h is fast enough, if anything I want even better fuel economy with even more electric running capability on the next generation. Smaller engine no, larger engine not needed either, the present one is big enough, does the qtr mile quicker than a Porsche Cayenne S now geezzzzzes! If anything it needs

an improvement in the suspension to match it acceleration capability, something more like the Porsche Cayenne S

Yes, and just about the time the RX600h-SS hits the streets the VW division of Porsche will be introducing an SUV hybrid with a 1.0L Miller cycle ICE using a positive displacement variable speed SuperCharger via a variable frequency AC drive using the hybrid battery as a power souce. No throttle plate required.

40MPH and 225HP only when you NEED it. B)

Yes they do and the rumor is that they will be putting the new engine in the model redesign. It will be the same engine as the GS 450h.

A 3.5 liter ICE?? I hope that's either a horrible guess, a sick joke, or an early April fools. Please let it be not so. Toyota/Lexus usually learns from GM's mistakes, and with their huge fleet of fuel guzzler sales being in the toilet, I'm praying all auto manufacturers will take note and adjust accordingly. $5 per gallon is not only around the corner, but soon after, we'll all be reminising, "remember when gas was only $5 per gallon?"

How does the ol' saying go? I was reminded of an old saying, that ties big auto engines to the U.S. economy. Something like, "As GM goes, so goes the nation" True?

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstock...ath-spiral.aspx

A 3.5 liter ICE?? I hope that's either a horrible guess, a sick joke, or an early April fools. Please let it be not so. Toyota/Lexus usually learns from GM's mistakes, and with their huge fleet of fuel guzzler sales being in the toilet, I'm praying all auto manufacturers will take note and adjust accordingly. $5 per gallon is not only around the corner, but soon after, we'll all be reminising, "remember when gas was only $5 per gallon?"

How does the ol' saying go? I was reminded of an old saying, that ties big auto engines to the U.S. economy. Something like, "As GM goes, so goes the nation" True?

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstock...ath-spiral.aspx

Given that the GS's V6 is already EPA/CARB certified for/with DFI that may very well be the sad truth..

But it is becoming pretty clear that Toyota needs another HSD SUV type vehicle with FE in the range of the Prius.

Otherwise I'll be headed for the MMH as soon as it has VSC.

Yes, and just about the time the RX600h-SS hits the streets the VW division of Porsche will be introducing an SUV hybrid with a 1.0L Miller cycle ICE using a positive displacement variable speed SuperCharger via a variable frequency AC drive using the hybrid battery as a power souce. No throttle plate required.

40MPH and 225HP only when you NEED it. B)

Sadly, anything being produced by VW, Mercedes, or Audi is likely to be VERY trouble-prone. And if anyone has noticed, diesel fuel prices are significantly higher than even premium gasolene prices.

I only know the all new RX-h will be out as a '09 model. For unknown reason, my sales gave me a '09 RX catalog instead the one for '08. RX-h remains the same everything and RX350 has Pebble Beach Edition which is selling now already.

I only know the all new RX-h will be out as a '09 model. For unknown reason, my sales gave me a '09 RX catalog instead the one for '08. RX-h remains the same everything and RX350 has Pebble Beach Edition which is selling now already.

Don't you mean the RX 400h wont be a 2009 mod, the RX 350 for 09 is already on showroom floors now and it hasn't changed. The pebble beach is an 09 mod and the website already shows the RX 350 as an 09 that is unchanged essentially from the 08 and we know the RX 350 body change therefore will have to be a 2010 mod in the spring of 2009 at the earliest and the hybrid version probably wont be out then till fall of 2009 as a 2010 mod or possibly even a year later for a 2011 model?

Don't you mean the RX 400h wont be a 2009 mod, the RX 350 for 09 is already on showroom floors now and it hasn't changed. The pebble beach is an 09 mod and the website already shows the RX 350 as an 09 that is unchanged essentially from the 08 and we know the RX 350 body change therefore will have to be a 2010 mod in the spring of 2009 at the earliest and the hybrid version probably wont be out then till fall of 2009 as a 2010 mod or possibly even a year later for a 2011 model?

The catalog I got last November says "'09 Lexus RX on the cover". I compare it to "'08 Lexus RX", the only difference is that Pebble Beach Edition only appreas in '09 catalog. As for RX400h, there's no change whatsoever (two pages spread). I believe this catalog is also downloadable from Lexus' website. As for the all-new RXh, let's just keep waiting while we enjoy the current one we already love too much.