Thinking About Selling My '91 Ls...

jr_gorozco

What do you guys think?

I bought my LS in November of '06. One previous owner and it had 260K as well as detailed maintenance records with the car. The car has a few dinks on it and small rust spot by the drivers side rear wheel well. I replaced the old non working radio with a pioneer deck (something simple) and upgraded the speakers and sub in the rear deck to polk audio and to amps (something simple for my listening pleasure not for the neighborhood to hear). I also installed an after market remote start and keyless with alarm.

I too like the previous owner have kept all records of maintenance and is garage kept. Just two weeks ago i changed the water pump bracket because the bearings were worn out. Since i bought is the car now has 269K, im worried that now that i have done some mechanical work on it other parts may begin to fail. I love my car dont get me wrong, but was wondering if i should sell it because of its high milage and or because of other future mechanical problems.

If anyone thinks otherwise of me selling it please comment back. Again, selling it is not what i really want but at the same time i would like to know the longevity of my LS.

thanks everyone.

What do you guys think?

I bought my LS in November of '06. One previous owner and it had 260K as well as detailed maintenance records with the car. The car has a few dinks on it and small rust spot by the drivers side rear wheel well. I replaced the old non working radio with a pioneer deck (something simple) and upgraded the speakers and sub in the rear deck to polk audio and to amps (something simple for my listening pleasure not for the neighborhood to hear). I also installed an after market remote start and keyless with alarm.

I too like the previous owner have kept all records of maintenance and is garage kept. Just two weeks ago i changed the water pump bracket because the bearings were worn out. Since i bought is the car now has 269K, im worried that now that i have done some mechanical work on it other parts may begin to fail. I love my car dont get me wrong, but was wondering if i should sell it because of its high milage and or because of other future mechanical problems.

If anyone thinks otherwise of me selling it please comment back. Again, selling it is not what i really want but at the same time i would like to know the longevity of my LS.

thanks everyone.

If the car has been maintained well, and you continue to maintain it, I think you will get many more miles out of it. I have a friend in the insurance business whose daily driver is a 1994 LS with over 300,000 miles. He changes the oil frequently and takes the car in to our local independent Lexus mechanic every year to make sure everything is working correctly.

A co-worker of that friend also drove a 1993 LS. She maintained it similarly, and the car had 400,000 miles on it before it was finally rear-ended and totaled.

My 1992 LS currently has 142,000 miles and I do a great job maintaining it. Judging by these people's and other's experiences, I expect mine will continue to work well as long as I continue to maintain it properly.

What do you guys think?

thanks everyone.

Continue to drive it. It's not worth much on the market, so it's not like you're going to have a huge wad of cash to do something with.

I think your only decision is if something happens whether to sink more money into it, or not, on a case-by-case basis. Alternator - yes. Tranny rebuild - no. and so on.

I have 3 cars with over 200k (92 LS400, 97 Volvo T-5, 93 Exploder) and so far none of them have come up with a "fatal flaw" that will make me go Old Yeller on them. (I'm sure one will within a couple of weeks, now that I've jinxed them)

All the best,

Joe