'99 Rx30 Repalcement Cup Holder

bill morin

• 2 weeks later...

There are actually 2 cup holders in the center console...

One is in the very top part and pops up when a button is pushed... On it's best day, I found this one to be weak and prone to collapsing causing drinks to topple, spill and possibly stain the carpet. According to the manual, this holder is supposed to be for the passengers in the back seats. There are lots of aftermarket holders and I waited until I found one that matches the plastic really well, has 2 adjustable, locking cup holders, cd slots and fits perfectly on the middle of the floor between the base of the rear seats and the base of the console. Its pretty stable but I use velcro on the bottom anyways.

The second cup holder, for those in the front, is in the bottom drawer of the console. Like the other, the stabalizing part is low and not effective on anything taller than a soda can. Travel coffee cups and 32 oz plastic soda cups are still prone to topple but at least the sides of the drawer keep them from flying.

The design of BOTH have always been a pet peeve to me especially when I see economy type cars with much better designs. Both oem holders are dealer items as far I know... personally, I would only consider buying the one that mounts in the drawer. But if you only drink small coffees or sodas in the can, you may consider doing both.

Nick/Las Vegas