Belt Squeak, How To Cure?

tealboy

I have a squeaking belt that is in otherwise good shape. I went through water about 2 feet deep and the belt starting squeaking and hasn't quit in 6 months. I have not sprayed it or put candle wax on it, both suggestions i am skeptical of. Any suggestions besides replacing the belt. The dealer was pretty expensive and i don't want too much money into the vehicle unless necessary.

I have a squeaking belt that is in otherwise good shape. I went through water about 2 feet deep and the belt starting squeaking and hasn't quit in 6 months. I have not sprayed it or put candle wax on it, both suggestions i am skeptical of. Any suggestions besides replacing the belt. The dealer was pretty expensive and i don't want too much money into the vehicle unless necessary.

Replace the belt ;)

Pyroil makes a spray called "belt dressing" it comes in a small spray can and is made to stop squeaky belts. I've had the same problem form time to time (although it usually goes away once its dry), fortunately it rarely rains in SoCal so I dont have to deal with it that often. I've also successfully used a bar of soap but the spray works better.