Replacing Subwoofer

johnpast

• 3 weeks later...

02 LS430 I am trying to replace the rear deck subwoofer. I found and removed the nuts behind lf and rt head rest. Something else holding the seat from breaking free/coming forward. Any suggestions.

I have never tried to remove it but on my 2001 ls430 I can get to the sub by gently prying off the grill. Is that what you are trying to do?

02 LS430 I am trying to replace the rear deck subwoofer. I found and removed the nuts behind lf and rt head rest. Something else holding the seat from breaking free/coming forward. Any suggestions.

I have never tried to remove it but on my 2001 ls430 I can get to the sub by gently prying off the grill. Is that what you are trying to do?

I wish it were that easy. I took it into a car stereo place. They had a difficult time. Ended up removing the back seat to get to a couple center bolts. They replaced the woofer with a JL dual voice coil wired to 2 ohms. Stereo was cutting out. Had to add a kicker amp to solve the problem. Sounds great now $450 and a half a day. They said they would never do another Lexus.

I wish it were that easy. I took it into a car stereo place. They had a difficult time. Ended up removing the back seat to get to a couple center bolts. They replaced the woofer with a JL dual voice coil wired to 2 ohms. Stereo was cutting out. Had to add a kicker amp to solve the problem. Sounds great now $450 and a half a day. They said they would never do another Lexus.

Do you have the standard or the Mark Levinson audio system?

Do you have the standard or the Mark Levinson audio system?

The ML