Is This A Good Buy

Is this a good buy?

99 GS300 94k miles for $10,000 clean carfax spotless interior perfect leather no apparent body repairs. My only fear is the mileage and cost of future repairs.

How many miles will these cars run before having lots of problems?

Also how does the Lexus compare to Toyota as far as cost of repairs? Are Lexus parts significantly more expensive?

Hopeful Future GS Owner

Is this a good buy?

99 GS300 94k miles for $10,000 clean carfax spotless interior perfect leather no apparent body repairs. My only fear is the mileage and cost of future repairs.

Also how does the Lexus compare to Toyota as far as cost of repairs? Are Lexus parts significantly more expensive?

Hopeful Future GS Owner

Sounds a little high inless the 90K service has been completed.. Timing belt.

Lexus parts are more.

BP

make sure the 90K service is done! If not run far far away......unles you can talk them down on price. The GS will last you a very long time! You will run into the same mechanical problems as most cars with higher mileage. Parts, no matter who makes them, will only last so long! GL $8500-$9000 sounds like a much better price for this car!

Is this a good buy?

Hopeful Future GS Owner

thats a bad buy. don't go for it. you can get a gs400 for the price of that. if u cant find the gs400 for the same mileage, its ok to get it even if its a bit higher than 94k. u easily can get a 98 gs400 for 10 grand. dont go with the gs300, you'll hate yourself for it. the 400 is a complete different car. gs300 is a waste of money. no offense to whoever cant afford anything better. i have had a gs400, a gs300 and now have a gs430 and its on the way to the jet supercharger factory (u can contact them for pricing at 323 683-8027). cant wait till i get my 500 horses :) believe it or not a gs400 is actually a better car than the 430. the 430 is too much for luxury. the 400 is way sportier, even tho the 430 is half a car faster. the 400 handles way better+better engine response+steering wheel shifter+stiffer steering+stiffer suspensions+engine sounds wayyyyyy smoother. so get a 98/99 or even a 2000 gs400 and u can update it to look like a gs430 for under a thousand $. and youll have one of the best gs's ever made. then maybe later youll call those guys and supercharger it and we'll meet in person at the race track. good luck. that should put an end to this forum.

post-35275-1204225902_thumb.jpg