95 Es300 Gauge Cluster Needles?

Niko

The speedo and tach needles are burnt out on my 95 es300. I took my cluster completely apart and can't figure out how to take the needles off whatsoever. Can someone help? Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to fix the needles instead of replacing them. Thank you.

I have the same problem. If you find out, please let me know. THX.

This topic has been covered extensively, Use the search feature at the top of these forums and have a good time reading all of the posts.

BTW, Welcome to the club :cheers: Or contact www.lextech.org Let Brian know that I sent you.

The speedo and tach needles are burnt out on my 95 es300. I took my cluster completely apart and can't figure out how to take the needles off whatsoever. Can someone help? Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to fix the needles instead of replacing them. Thank you.

The great LEXUCAN posted a extensive diy on the needles. Someone said you just pull the needles out but Im not sure, I tired that at the junkyad and the needles broke. It was from a LS. Maybe different style. I live 15 minutes from the junk yard and they got some es300's there and also camrys which has the same engine and mechanical parts as the es300.

Someone said you just pull the needles out but Im not sure, I tired that at the junkyad and the needles broke. It was from a LS. Maybe different style.

Junkyad? Do I detect a New England accent? :rolleyes: LOL

Yes, the needles just pull off the gauges and no, they are not the same as the LS needles. Keep in mind that they are made of plastic with a string of LEDs behind the opaque lens so they are relatively fragile. You need to be careful when removing them from the gauge face and only grasp them gently around the point at which they attach to the gauge and pull straight out, not at an angle. I found that two came off fairly easily while the other two were more stubborn and needed extra effort.