245/35/19 And 275/30/19 With Coilovers

GS sitting on 245/35/19 in the front obviously and 275/30/19 in the rear. I've got on coilovers from TEIN SS.

Whats your dampening rate set to? Is there any boucing? How's cornering and regular street/hwy driving?

Mines set to 19 in the front going clockwise and 13 in the rear clockwise. (32 way adjustable)

Whats the best numbers here?

post-35275-1203973978_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have 19's but have 245/35/19 all around. I have Bilstein PSS coilovers which the spring rate and dampening is NOT adjustable like the Teins. The spring rate and dampening on my setup is progressive meaning the lower you adjust the coils the harder they become. The spring/dampening rate at the lowest drop is a little tighter than your SS's.

Now on to your question...If the coils are brand new get an alignment done and then make sure you give time (3-4 weeks) for them to settle and then do a second alignment! If alignment is off you can get the bouncing that you may be experiencing. Try that first...also make sure that your tires/wheels are balanced. GL! ;)

I currently have 19's but have 245/35/19 all around. I have Bilstein PSS coilovers which the spring rate and dampening is NOT adjustable like the Teins. The spring rate and dampening on my setup is progressive meaning the lower you adjust the coils the harder they become. The spring/dampening rate at the lowest drop is a little tighter than your SS's.

Now on to your question...If the coils are brand new get an alignment done and then make sure you give time (3-4 weeks) for them to settle and then do a second alignment! If alignment is off you can get the bouncing that you may be experiencing. Try that first...also make sure that your tires/wheels are balanced. GL! ;)

bilsteins, sound expensive. thats a good idea i actually have to get my ball/boy joints replaced and after i have to take it for alignment. it just has more boucing that i expected. ive had it for 4 months already. i thought maybe the dampening settings werent correct.

thanks for ur help. it would be great if u could post a pic. of ur car, i see alot has been done.

Bisteins PSS coilovers are $1100-new. They are great performing coils...will not give you the lowest drop in the world but will give you more of a BMW "M" feel. I love them. Ill try to upload some pics when I get a chance. I tend to bounce back and forth from here to CL (Club Lexus). ;)

Bisteins PSS coilovers are $1100-new. They are great performing coils...will not give you the lowest drop in the world but will give you more of a BMW "M" feel. I love them. Ill try to upload some pics when I get a chance. I tend to bounce back and forth from here to CL (Club Lexus). ;)

1100 thats pretty much what my teins cost. im trying to get my friend to get the teins for his gs but i guess ill take a look at the bisteins. i thought they were around $3000. ive heard they're pretty much the best out there. but will he get as much of a drop as i have on my pic posted above? actually a bit higher than that.

Actually that pic above is SLAMMED! You will NOT get a drop like that unless you have Tein Flex or Tein HA coilovers. The Tein SS will come close. The Bilsteins have a similar drop to the Tein CS coilovers. 1 finger or a little less all around on 19's...

Actually that pic above is SLAMMED! You will NOT get a drop like that unless you have Tein Flex or Tein HA coilovers. The Tein SS will come close. The Bilsteins have a similar drop to the Tein CS coilovers. 1 finger or a little less all around on 19's...

Actually u will get a drop llike that with the tein ss. i know this cause that picture above is my car and its on tein ss. I have rose the car back up but its to a level where u cant stick ur finger in between the tire and the fender. < At this height theres still an inch of drop lift on the coils. The picture was taken when it was lowered to its maximum. I guess it looks lower cause of the rims, it has no lip it goes straight to the edge which make those 19s look like 20s and probably 21s with the drop.

ps. do u like it?

I like your drop and looks real nice but IMHO I would not lower my car that low for 2 reasons.

1. Because I live in New York and a low suspension like that and your asking for trouble...potholes and wacky drivers.lol

2. The lower you make ANY car puts a lot more stress on ball joints, other suspension components and steering components. At that height these itmes will wear out in less than half the time as opposed to stock. So I did a happy medium (as far as lowering the car) because it's my daily driver. If you don't ALWAYS drive your car leave it slammed!

I like your drop and looks real nice but IMHO I would not lower my car that low for 2 reasons.

1. Because I live in New York and a low suspension like that and your asking for trouble...potholes and wacky drivers.lol

2. The lower you make ANY car puts a lot more stress on ball joints, other suspension components and steering components. At that height these itmes will wear out in less than half the time as opposed to stock. So I did a happy medium (as far as lowering the car) because it's my daily driver. If you don't ALWAYS drive your car leave it slammed!

here in LA asian drivers tend to *BLEEP* you off on the freeway especially when they're in the fast lane going slower than the slow lane, so a drop like that can be really handy when it comes to quick lane switching and cornering. other than that i put it up about an inch cause i was about to break the front fenders.

as for my 1st question, would you know at what settings i should leave the dampening on? its 32 way adjustable.

i now have 20 in the front and 15 in the back. (thats clockwise = hard). ive heard people had theirs 25 front to almost the stiffest and 8 in back to almost the softest. any suggestions?

It depends on your application. If you want to add BIG power (supercharger/turbo) then make the rear suspension a lot softer than the front, for better launching and traction. For comfort I would make them pretty even with the front being slightly stiffer due to the extra weight of the engine. GL!