Need Help ! I Need Your Advice On Replacing 98 Gs400 Camshaft Sea

Hello You All,

I really need your advice. I'm replacing the timing belt for my car, 98 GS400. The problem is to replace the camshaft seal on the driverside. Any advice from you all. Is there any way to replace that seal without remove the whole camshaft? It's really hard to take that camshaft pulley off to replace that seal. Any other ways to do this? Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.

Thanks again.

-NG

• 4 months later...

Hello You All,

I really need your advice. I'm replacing the timing belt for my car, 98 GS400. The problem is to replace the camshaft seal on the driverside. Any advice from you all. Is there any way to replace that seal without remove the whole camshaft? It's really hard to take that camshaft pulley off to replace that seal. Any other ways to do this? Thank you very much. I do appreciate it.

Thanks again.

-NG

Did you get the timing belt changed? I'm about to tackle it myself and was hoping to chat with someone who has done it.

no way to do it without pulling it thats y even though i bought cam seals when i changed my timing belt for my 2001 gs430 i didn't change them since it was more trouble than it was worth and i was just doing it as a precautionary event mine weren't/aren't leaking!

brian