Roof Ecu

paulb

Anyone know where the ECU for the roof is located? I just got a second-hand one from the US in the hope that this'll fix the opening/closing problems but none of us have a clue where it's located, and can't find anything on the 'web about it.

I doubt you have an ECU problem. It would help greatly to discribe the type problems you are having and go from there. The only problem with the roof is usually with the micro switches mounted where the two front pins slide into the windshield posts. My first check would be a continuity check of those switches.

The roof stops halfway through the cycle and has to be manually closed or opened- it usually seems to happen when the trim behind the rear seat doesn't rise as it should during the cycle, which it does from time to time indicating the switches and servoes are working; when I posted on this previously a reply said that it sounded like the ECU was fritzed. If I can find where it's located we can plug the other one in and see if it works.

I doubt you have an ECU problem. It would help greatly to discribe the type problems you are having and go from there. The only problem with the roof is usually with the micro switches mounted where the two front pins slide into the windshield posts. My first check would be a continuity check of those switches.

The roof ecu is located underneath the trunk panels you will have to remove the tool tray both side panels the rear vertical panel around the trunk lock once you get all of these floor board out you will see the top ecu located next to the rear dvd navigation unit that is in the trunk as well. Its not difficult to get to you just have to patient and remove the pop up clips to remova all of the floor panels

Buddy

The roof stops halfway through the cycle and has to be manually closed or opened- it usually seems to happen when the trim behind the rear seat doesn't rise as it should during the cycle, which it does from time to time indicating the switches and servoes are working; when I posted on this previously a reply said that it sounded like the ECU was fritzed. If I can find where it's located we can plug the other one in and see if it works.

Thanks muchly, I'll get straight on it and advise the outcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Plugged in the new ECU and no difference, so it wasn't the problem. Any ideas? It seems to hinge on the rear trim panel behind the rear seat, which most times doesn't lift when it's supposed to during the opening/closing cycle and everything stops. Help!!

Thanks muchly, I'll get straight on it and advise the outcome.

There are several limit switches that must be adjusted just right to make the top work correctly. I know that I had problems with the two at the top of the windshield after it was replaced. You will have to look closely at the point where you are having problems and do some continuity checks with an ohm meter. The switches are very small and difficult to find and test,, but its either do a little troubleshooting yourself or pay a dealer to do it...