Highbeam Switch

jadecuir

I have a new problem. Searched the archives - nothing. When I select high beams on, pushing lever forward for steady-on, ALL the headlights go out. If I pull back the lever - temporary on, it's fine. Is there a tutorial on fixing or remove/replacing the turn signal/high beam lever?

I have a new problem. Searched the archives - nothing. When I select high beams on, pushing lever forward for steady-on, ALL the headlights go out. If I pull back the lever - temporary on, it's fine. Is there a tutorial on fixing or remove/replacing the turn signal/high beam lever?

Are you sure you've twisted the lever two clicks before pushing the lever for the HB? Also check that your fog light switch is off. Before replacing the lever check both your blade and cartridge fuses.

I had the same problem some years ago with an Acura Legend we owned. The culprit was the headlight relay. A new relay solved the problem.

I'm not sure where this is located in an LS. It is probably in one of the fuse boxes under the hood.

I know where it is. I wonder if it's a generic relay available at Kragens or a "dealer only" item.

I had the same problem some years ago with an Acura Legend we owned. The culprit was the headlight relay. A new relay solved the problem.

I'm not sure where this is located in an LS. It is probably in one of the fuse boxes under the hood.

It's nice to lock highbeams on when driving mountain roads, to keep both hands on the wheel. I sprayed some contact cleaner into the area where the switch should be, on the steering column, to no avail. I'm not going to pull the wheel off. If the relay won't fix it, I'll live with it.

It doesn't sound like a problem worth fixing... Just don't push forward....

That does sound like a relay or short problem somewhere...

It's nice to lock highbeams on when driving mountain roads, to keep both hands on the wheel. I sprayed some contact cleaner into the area where the switch should be, on the steering column, to no avail. I'm not going to pull the wheel off. If the relay won't fix it, I'll live with it.
It doesn't sound like a problem worth fixing... Just don't push forward....

That does sound like a relay or short problem somewhere...

Use your fogs and adjust them higher to compensate. You could also try a set of Silverstars.