H & R Sport Springs

mc teg

I have decided to buy some lowering springs because I want a more aggressive look and feel for my 91 LS400. I found the H & R springs to be least expensive unless someone knows another brand that is less expensive than H & R. With a 1 inch drop, I know the stock shocks are going to fail sooner so I need some help on what struts will support the drop. Are there any good sites that show how to replace springs?

You can do it with a socket set... Some people use a spring compressor, but I don't use them. When you put lowering springs in they usually drop in..

I use a impact wrench makes life easier.

But if it is your first time doing it, rent a spring compressor to avoid losing a finger.

I had a shop do it and had a 4 wheel alignment afterwards, so everything stayed straight.

I didn't want to risk breaking myself (or the car) considering you have to remove the rear seats and everything to get at the rears. Too big of a pain for me so I broke out my wallet :)

And the Tanabe DF210's are just springs not a coilover set. Never heard of B&G, but then again I'm no suspension buff.