When Is The New Rx Coming Out?

We were looking to replace our RX350 when the new model comes out, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information when the new redesigned RX comes out. Some sources say it will be 2009, other say its 20010. Does anyone have any solid information on this matter? Also, does anyone know if it will be available with a V8 engine?

Thanks.

We were looking to replace our RX350 when the new model comes out, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information when the new redesigned RX comes out. Some sources say it will be 2009, other say its 20010. Does anyone have any solid information on this matter? Also, does anyone know if it will be available with a V8 engine?

Thanks.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=45008&hl=

Thanks.

A V8...???

What the RX needs is a smaller engine, say a 2.3L I4, but with a supercharger that doesn't supply boost unless the accelerator pedal is beyond 2/3's or the engine ECU recogizes a FAST accelerator pedal depression.

V8 engines should go the way of the DoDo bird and V6's should follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks.

A V8...???

What the RX needs is a smaller engine, say a 2.3L I4, but with a supercharger that doesn't supply boost unless the accelerator pedal is beyond 2/3's or the engine ECU recogizes a FAST accelerator pedal depression.

V8 engines should go the way of the DoDo bird and V6's should follow shortly thereafter.

RX should have a range of options so that any consumer can pick an option that is right for them. Some of us actually care about performance and as a Porsche owner, I would expect you to understand as much. I guess 911's should be replaced with 2.3L I4 as well according to your logic :rolleyes:

Thanks.

A V8...???

RX should have a range of options so that any consumer can pick an option that is right for them. Some of us actually care about performance and as a Porsche owner, I would expect you to understand as much. I guess 911's should be replaced with 2.3L I4 as well according to your logic :rolleyes:

No, while my 911 is a C4 I did not buy it for wintertime nor an type of adverse roadbed use.

On the other hand my RX was purchased for just that reason and as I'm sur eyou know TORQUE is an enemy of roadbed traction.

On the other hand I would dearly love to see a Porsche Caymen with a rear mounted Prius drive train but with a ICE belt driven variable speed SuperCharger.

IMMHO, except for rear mounting, that would also be a most desireable configuration for an RX230 with the same HP/Torque capability as the RX400h.

An RX400SC-h...??