Removing Sunroof

microcat36

• 5 months later...
Many thanks for your prompt reply, it as a Mk2 93/94,and the sunroof was tilted up and the pigeon hit the top front of the roof and then the sunroof smashing it, just as well leather wipes as half of it landed on the seat :angry::censored:

My 1998 LS 400 problem is related but different.

The sunroof is jammed in the tilt open position.

I simply want to get the top down so that I have a weathertight cabin; I don't care if the top operates.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Many thanks for your prompt reply, it as a Mk2 93/94,and the sunroof was tilted up and the pigeon hit the top front of the roof and then the sunroof smashing it, just as well leather wipes as half of it landed on the seat :angry::censored:

I simply want to get the top down so that I have a weathertight cabin; I don't care if the top operates.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

I do not know if this will help, but the manual shows how you use a tool in your kit for the car that allows you to manually close the sunroof. I surmise this is in case of such a problem as you have. Whether it will work when the roof is in the tilt position I do not know. There is a panel you take off up there on the side nearest the bonnet/hood and it exposes a set of gears with a notched recess for the cranking tool.

Cheers! (hommage to the scottish bloke that started the post) :)

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Before it got HOT out I would open the moonroof in whatever car I was driving on my way home from work/gym at night. With this car I tend not to since it seems to be struggling with it sometimes like the motor is bogged down. :(

Yeah the the motor should have an opening for an allen that you can use to manually close it. I have only had to do that once with my aunts old Infiniti and it was so jammed it did nothing when I tried to close it. It was in the normal open position though. I am guessing it should still close even in tilt.

• 8 months later...