Handbrake Light

AhMing

My RX300 got problem with the handbrake light appear, and sometimes flashing after release the handbrake. It happen randomly, and i got tell by technician that there may related to amount of brake fluid level drop. After adding some, it still behave the same.

After release the handbrake, sometimes, the light is still there. and sometimes, it flashing as like disconnect or connecting of wired. And also, it give the sound that same as while forget to remove the key from the key hole after turning off the engine. If the handbrake light is flashing, it will random sound. When open the door, or when auto lock the door, it may give one sound too. When car is moving, it sound one or two sometimes.

All happen randomly, sometimes is all the normal. Can anyone tell me how to settle it?

My RX300 got problem with the handbrake light appear, and sometimes flashing after release the handbrake. It happen randomly, and i got tell by technician that there may related to amount of brake fluid level drop. After adding some, it still behave the same.

After release the handbrake, sometimes, the light is still there. and sometimes, it flashing as like disconnect or connecting of wired. And also, it give the sound that same as while forget to remove the key from the key hole after turning off the engine. If the handbrake light is flashing, it will random sound. When open the door, or when auto lock the door, it may give one sound too. When car is moving, it sound one or two sometimes.

All happen randomly, sometimes is all the normal. Can anyone tell me how to settle it?

It's not normal and should be a simple switch adjustment. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me (99% of the world population) can jump in and tell you where the switch is located.

Try a little lube oil around where the cable goes into the cable cover under the car. You might have to pull back a dust cover to squirt some lube inside. I had mine stick when I went to the snow, this was on my old 2000 Rx 300 but would release after the car warmed up a bit. I sprayed some lube in the cable jacket and never had another problem again.

Jeff

• 4 months later...