Recommended Mods

I also have a '94 SC400. Making it go appreciably faster will take a lot of money (dragon torque converter, headers,nitrous or turbos etc). Jibbby and Lextreme are the guru members to ask when you get more time and cash. For now, I would maximize what is available to you in relatively stock form:

1) put in 20oz of techron when your fuel tank is empty and fill it half way and run it through to clean intake and valves (1-2 times)

2) put in some NGK (or denso) iridium spark plugs

3) Mobil one or amsoil synthetic oil and a new oil filter and perhaps fuel filter

4) upgrade tires (when the time comes) to Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3 tires) check tirerack.com

5) upgrade front rotors (when necessary)

6) You can upgrade your airflow by a DYI intake but will probably only effect higher RPM driving (many posts on this)

7) If you leave your car out in the cold or drive in cold weather; replace your gear oil with synthetic mobil 1 (75-90) or amsoil (75-90)

8) Slowly replace your transmission fluid to TOYOTA TYPE 4 only.

I also have a '94 SC400. Making it go appreciably faster will take a lot of money (dragon torque converter, headers,nitrous or turbos etc). Jibbby and Lextreme are the guru members to ask when you get more time and cash. For now, I would maximize what is available to you in relatively stock form:

1) put in 20oz of techron when your fuel tank is empty and fill it half way and run it through to clean intake and valves (1-2 times)

2) put in some NGK (or denso) iridium spark plugs

3) Mobil one or amsoil synthetic oil and a new oil filter and perhaps fuel filter

4) upgrade tires (when the time comes) to Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3 tires) check tirerack.com

5) upgrade front rotors (when necessary)

6) You can upgrade your airflow by a DYI intake but will probably only effect higher RPM driving (many posts on this)

7) If you leave your car out in the cold or drive in cold weather; replace your gear oil with synthetic mobil 1 (75-90) or amsoil (75-90)

8) Slowly replace your transmission fluid to TOYOTA TYPE 4 only.

Appreciate your reply, and will defiantly start doing these things, which ever helps and wont deplete my bank, im all for doing big things but untill i get done with school, which shouldnt be much longer i have to stick to the small things, but for most of the heavy mods, im lookin at 5 figures or more though right?

Doing very expensive mods (turbocharging,supercharging,cams,nitrous) may not be worthwhile unless you can afford them and use them safely. Other modifications can bring the performance closer to the 290hp SC400's such as:

1) dragon torque converter ($950 +installation + new transmission fluid toyota type 4= about $1300-1450)

2) headers (made in Australia ceramic coated $750-1000 + installation)

3) Computor chip mods ($250-400)

4) Free flow exhaust ($600-1000)

5) Then upgrade brakes/tires etc

Putting several thousand dollars into an early SC400 can make it go about as fast as the 290 hp vvi 1998-2000 models but you might be able to buy one of those for around the same price as modding an older car ($10,000-12,000). If you want a rocketship to take on corvettes, vipers etc then you want extreme mods and Jibbby and Lextreme and planetsoarer.com are the experts whose advice you'll want to get. It all depends upon how far you want to go and how much you want to spend. An unmodded '94 is quick enough for most and stable at over 2.5 times the speed limit. How much more do you need or want ???? :cheers: