Low Fuel Light Problem

LeXtasy

I dont know if anyone has posted a topic regarding this issue.. I did a search and nothing came up. I dont know if any of you guys have the same problem, but my fuel light constantly stays on even if I have a full tank of gas! what should I do? any suggestions? i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks

I take it the fuel gauge is working correctly? If not, then the fuel gage sender may be at fault. If so, then most likely there is an electrical failure. Can't really explain all of what to troubleshoot. Might have to pull the gauge pod or the sender cap from the tank (trunk side) and make sure everything is working correctly mechanically and electrically. Maybe a short, maybe mechanical issue.

Considering that fuel light comes on from the fuel level sending unit in the tank, you would think that it would be reporting a false fuel level. The Fuel gauge sending unit is part number #8332080210 And costs about $125 bucks. If the problem lies within the actual gauge, that's #8324324050 and will cost about $230 dollars. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

• 2 years later...
I dont know if anyone has posted a topic regarding this issue.. I did a search and nothing came up.  I dont know if any of you guys have the same problem, but my fuel light constantly stays on even if I have a full tank of gas!  what should I do? any suggestions? i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks

Here's what I've found with my 93 sc300. Attached to the fuel tank sending unit is a low level fuel indicator sensor. If the actual fuel level in the tank goes below this sensor unit, then the dash light will come on regardless of what the guage is reading. I don't know if you can replace just the sensor unit attached to the sending unit. |If you don't want to see the light on all the time, you can just unplug the unit at the top of the fuel tank sending unit. It is the smallest elect connection at that unit and has only a single wire attached to it. Good luck with that.

Right now I am trying to see if I can recalibrate my fuel gauge itself. Feel free to let me know how you make out...

Vince... ;)