Wind Noise 2007 Vs 2008

my 07 LS460 has more wind noise than my 05 LS430. Did anyone get a dealership to fix this problem? Is it fixed for the 2008 models?

Have a look at this for a DIY fix that many over at Club Lexus have found to work. The thread was posted by jmcraney - a very impressive guy who has contributed greatly to issues faced by other forum members.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/506217-instructions-for-the-jmcraney-wind-noise-fix.html

• 1 month later...

Just did the jmcraney fix on my 2008 LS600hL and that quieted things quite a bit. After reinstalling the cosmetic trim, I didn't like the way it looked, so I ran a small bead of black silicone around the trim and chrome piece (used black to match my car).

Not only does it look better, but that even quieted some more! Now it is as quiet as I expected it to be.

Great fix by Jim, and I recommend the added touch of a small bead around the trim.

Cheers,

:cheers:

Hank

• 11 months later...

Just bought 2007 Lexus LS 460 which performs great. But the wind noise is irritating. Can the triangle corners be taped and test driven to see if this is where the problem is and where would be the best place to have it repaired outside of the dealership. I would not be able to repair it myself.

Just bought 2007 Lexus LS 460 which performs great. But the wind noise is irritating. Can the triangle corners be taped and test driven to see if this is where the problem is and where would be the best place to have it repaired outside of the dealership. I would not be able to repair it myself.
A very large number of the 07 LS460s were affected by the triangle trim defect. The odds are very high that your car will benefit from the DIY trim repair. The DIY repair is about as difficult as making a peanut butter sandwich. I recently coached a disabled veteran, via email, on doing the DIY repair. He was able to do it, and reported it was easy, even though he only has one hand. His dealer would not help him with the wind noise problem - said it was normal. He was delighted with the results of his repair. I realize that there are some who will not be able to do this as a DIY and for them I suggest that they go to a collision repair business with the instructions in hand. Please check the PM feature on this site for a message.