Transferring Cell Phone Book To Bluetooth In Car

Hello,

Anyone successfully transferred their phone book to the bluetooth? I followed the directions on page 242-243 of the owners manual, but the screen that says "overwrite" or "transfer" on the Data Transfer screen does not come up. It just says to have the phone transfer the numbers over. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!

Hello,

Anyone successfully transferred their phone book to the bluetooth? I followed the directions on page 242-243 of the owners manual, but the screen that says "overwrite" or "transfer" on the Data Transfer screen does not come up. It just says to have the phone transfer the numbers over. Anyone know how to do that?

Thanks!

I just got my new '08 GS 460 and a new LG phone from Verizon and will be trying Bluetooth in the next few days. However, on my last car and LG phone, the phone wouldn't allow phone book transfer. Try the website for the manufacturer of your phone to try to find out if your book can be transferred. Clearly, on some, it's not possible even though other Bluetooth functions work fine.

Al

Hello,

Thanks!

I just got my new '08 GS 460 and a new LG phone from Verizon and will be trying Bluetooth in the next few days. However, on my last car and LG phone, the phone wouldn't allow phone book transfer. Try the website for the manufacturer of your phone to try to find out if your book can be transferred. Clearly, on some, it's not possible even though other Bluetooth functions work fine.

Al

I've run into quite a few imcompatibility problems.

Lexus says it's Samsung's fault.

Samsung says it's T-Mobiles fault.

T-Mobile says it's Lexus fault.

One damn turnstile after another...always someone elses fault.

Lexus does have a website of phones that are known to work better than others.

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/product...=1&model=GS

Whit

Another good resource is www.howardforums.com. Go to the section associated with your brand of phone and ask members about the ability of your phone to transfer phone books. Whether or not this is possible is a characteristic of the phone itself, not the cell service provider, and not Lexus.

Whit

You may well be right, but Samsung tells me, when I can understand them, that T-Mobile directs which version of software goes into their phones. Makes sense I guess, hard to get a straight answer from any of them.

Whti

Another good resource is www.howardforums.com. Go to the section associated with your brand of phone and ask members about the ability of your phone to transfer phone books. Whether or not this is possible is a characteristic of the phone itself, not the cell service provider, and not Lexus.

Whit

• 2 months later...

Nokia N95-3 phone book transfer to 2006 Lexus GS300 via Bluetooth

Transfer or Sync feature from the N95-3 phone will not works! you have to use "send business card"

one by one at a time for each name contact. Not sure on other brand name phone has the this option

SEND BUSINESS CARD

1-Make sure on the phone set "Wireless car kit" as default (not head set or Multi etc.)

TOOL>SETTING>GENERAL>ENHANCEMENT>WIRELESS CAR KIT oh also make sure bluetooth turn on and regcornized with the car

2-On car Nav touch phone screen > set transfer (on your n95 will beep diconnected...don't worries) status waiting (some how it not work in garage, but out side in parking lot works haha)

On N95 choose the contact name >OPEN >PHONE# (not the name) >options >scrol to choose..SEND BUSINESS CARD >select >VIA BLUETOOTH

>SELECT DETAIL ONLY >OK >select BLUETOOTH HAND FREE >ok (it will search and reconnect to the car, when transfer is done

it will switch back to phone setting screen) check the phone book, you should see the whole name and phone# listed

continieus to the next contack name and so on...

Sorry, my English typing not good, hope you can figer out keke...

For phones that are problematic, you must first make sure that the Lexus BT system at least 'senses' your phone. Once the phone is recognized, initiate a call from the phone (to anyone-doesn't matter) that call will establish a Bluetooth connection. Then go to the Lexus dialog screen for transferring phonebooks. On my phone (Treo 650), I have to go to the contacts list, then select "Send Category". The connection runs for about 2 minutes. Don't touch anything else. When finished, the Lexus system should go back to the Transfer screen. The key is making that call before you try to send your contacts over.

For phones that are problematic, you must first make sure that the Lexus BT system at least 'senses' your phone. Once the phone is recognized, initiate a call from the phone (to anyone-doesn't matter) that call will establish a Bluetooth connection. Then go to the Lexus dialog screen for transferring phonebooks. On my phone (Treo 650), I have to go to the contacts list, then select "Send Category". The connection runs for about 2 minutes. Don't touch anything else. When finished, the Lexus system should go back to the Transfer screen. The key is making that call before you try to send your contacts over.

I Read somewhere that if you remove the (, ) and - from phone numbers they transfer easier.

Many manufacturers do not follow the bluetooth protocol properly or do not support all the bluetooth profiles. So if you can't really do something over bluetooth, it can only be solved with a software update of your phone. Check to see if you are running the latest software on your phone (check with your phone manufacturer) and if you aren't, update it to the newest one. That will give you the best chance of getting full compatibility with the Lexus navigation (since you can't really update the bluetooth module in the car).

See you phone dealer (ie Verizon Wireless) as they will probably update your phone for free if you're still under contract.

• 3 weeks later...

On your Treo, did you have to format your contacts any special way? I don't use Categories? Do I need to add all my contacts into a Category to transfer?

Thanks in advance.