Loud Engine Noise Stopped At Light

etoth

Hello,

I am experiencing loud engine noise at idle. It sounds like a truck. Once the RX300 is moving

it's quiet. Anyone have any clue on what this may be? The RX300 runs great, starts fine

and is normal idle speed. I am not sure why it's so loud when it's stopped at a light. I thought

it was maybe the muffler but the RX300 is quiet once it's moving?

Check the flex pipe under the engine on the exhaust, They split and cause that kind of noise. Go to an independent muffler shop and have it replaced you will save lots of money there. The national chains like midas, etc, charge too much...

Not that I doubt Lernore, dude knows his stuff, but mine had a similiar noise at one time and it turned out to be a small exhaust gasket which connected the pipe just after the cat, to the second half of the exhuast system. Do some exploration and you can easily find where the two pieces fit. Mine made a noise at low idle / speeds, but went unoticed @ travel speeds. Hope this helps.....

And Lenore's suggestion is quite possible as well........no doubting you Lenore.......HAHAHA I don't want ya to ban me for doubting the expert.......

Hope this helps!