Transmission Slipping

mwrf210

Need Some help. I have a 2002 SC430 with 62,000 miles. The transmission seems to be slipping. My mechanic who services Lexus cars only, has never seen this on a lexus with this many miles. Has any one have the same problem?

Well, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen occasionally. The clutch packs are designed to slip a little in order for you to have that smooth shift. And if your one of those that shifts to Drive while the car is still rolling backwards from reverse, then the sunshell has probably taken a beating. So, it sounds like you need to bring your tranny in and it rebuilt.

• 1 year later...
Interesting about tossing into drive from reverse. I don't understand too much about cars, so is the same true for Neutral to Drive, for example if you just want to coast down a hill, then go to drive after your speed slows...

Thanks

I am very interested to know what has happened regarding you SC430 transmission problem, as we are having the exact same problem with our 2002 SC430 with the same mileage. It first happened to me merely putting into drive and experiencing no "grab" or clutch engagement. My Wife experienced it when going from reverse to drive about three times. The dealer made a generous attempt to find the problem - with no success and couldn't duplicate the problem. No codes or other indication as to the source of the problem. Have you learned anything new? Please contact me at 305 849-9200 - Peter Obermeyer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Interesting about tossing into drive from reverse. I don't understand too much about cars, so is the same true for Neutral to Drive, for example if you just want to coast down a hill, then go to drive after your speed slows...

Thanks

I am very interested to know what has happened regarding you SC430 transmission problem, as we are having the exact same problem with our 2002 SC430 with the same mileage. It first happened to me merely putting into drive and experiencing no "grab" or clutch engagement. My Wife experienced it when going from reverse to drive about three times. The dealer made a generous attempt to find the problem - with no success and couldn't duplicate the problem. No codes or other indication as to the source of the problem. Have you learned anything new? Please contact me at 305 849-9200 - Peter Obermeyer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We have had the same problem with our 2002 of slippage when putting it into drive (it is like it doesn't want to go into low - once I manually put it into low it operated fine). Had the trans serviced and have not had a problem since. It started with approx. 75,000 miles and perhaps should have had the service done at 50,000.