Speaker Sizes

WAGSTA

hi all,

new to the forum here in the UK.....(this ones much better)

what are the standard speaker sizes in the RX300 (2005)

ive got sum Hertz in my other car and thay rock!!!

so want to upgrade to hertz speaker, but not sure about the sizes!!!

or if you have tried other speakers please tell me.

ove tried to search this forum, but could find any info on this topic

any help will be great

Wagsta,

I am pretty confident the fron speakers are 5 and 1/4 inch speakers. As far as quality speakers, most high end car audio systems run on 3 OHM speakers not the industry standard of 4 OHMs. 3 Ohm speakers actually require less energy to produce the sound, which allows them to produce higher decibals with the same amperage running through the system. I have not placed these in my Lexus yet, so I would research it to make sure a 3 OHM speaker would be compatible, but I am confident it is. There is also a sub under the pass. seat. Research the difference and I am confident you will want a 3 ohm upgrade (if indeed Lexus used 4ohm speakers). BMW and JAG usually use the 3 OHM systems.....Bentley uses a 2 OHM if I am correct......

It basically allows more sound, and clearer sound for that matter (with less noise), with a smaller amp / energy amount.

Wagsta,

I am pretty confident the fron speakers are 5 and 1/4 inch speakers. As far as quality speakers, most high end car audio systems run on 3 OHM speakers not the industry standard of 4 OHMs. 3 Ohm speakers actually require less energy to produce the sound, which allows them to produce higher decibals with the same amperage running through the system. I have not placed these in my Lexus yet, so I would research it to make sure a 3 OHM speaker would be compatible, but I am confident it is. There is also a sub under the pass. seat. Research the difference and I am confident you will want a 3 ohm upgrade (if indeed Lexus used 4ohm speakers). BMW and JAG usually use the 3 OHM systems.....Bentley uses a 2 OHM if I am correct......

It basically allows more sound, and clearer sound for that matter (with less noise), with a smaller amp / energy amount.

i was wondering what about 92 ls400 because i want to replace the speakers and the back subs. The speakers and subs crakle at high bass and tremble. Dont know the size of the front and rear any info will help..