Adding A Navi Dvd Unit

giest

I am trying to figure out what factory components I have. I have seen talk about amplifier and such. What all do I have?

I am completely factory right now. 2003 model. No Factory Navigation.

And Could som one give me a wiring diagram?

I am trying to figure out what factory components I have. I have seen talk about amplifier and such. What all do I have?

I am completely factory right now. 2003 model. No Factory Navigation.

And Could som one give me a wiring diagram?

PM me your email address and I can email it to you as an attachment so you can size it correctly and print it out.

You have the Pioneer 6 disc changer and seperater amplifier. Bose speakers. Although, when I took out the 6x9's in the back, I saw they were Denso's. But I have a 2005 IS300. In 04' and 05' they replaced the head unit as there were engineering flaws and defects in the original 01-03 CD changers.

What are you thinking about doing to the sound system? How much are you looking to spend? Do you wanna stay stock or go aftermarket?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2003 model as well and it was completely stock until last month. A cd was stuck in the changer so i used that as my excuse to upgrade. i bought the jvc KW-AVX800 and it looks and works really great but unfortunately it can't work with the oem ampifier, so now i don't have the extra "bang" that i was used too.(as least that's what the guy that installed it said). Though it did work briefly while we tested the new deck. sounded really good too but by the time we restarted the car it stopped

So as a noob, is there something we missed? replacement oem part that might work or do i have to go completely after maket to get really good sound?

By the way could you send me that wiring diagram too please?

My first post by the way

Welcome to the LOC.

PM me your email address.

You didn't miss anything. The stock unit is a 2 ohm system. Most aftermarket systems are 4 ohm. So you pretty much need to replace the amp also. And if your not careful with how loud you go, you will need to replace the speakers also as they are more efficient, and don't need alot of power to push them.

Welcome to the LOC.

PM me your email address.

You didn't miss anything. The stock unit is a 2 ohm system. Most aftermarket systems are 4 ohm. So you pretty much need to replace the amp also. And if your not careful with how loud you go, you will need to replace the speakers also as they are more efficient, and don't need alot of power to push them.

Can't get the Pm to work so you can send it to coreycarr11@hotmail.com