91 Ls400 Fan Bracket

jimimc

I need to replace my fan bracket because the fan clutch somehow became unstable and worked it's way out of the bracket. Is there anything else I should be looking to replace? I have already removed the 4 bolts and 1 nut for the bracket but I cannot get it to come off. Any tips?

I tried to search the forums for old posts on this topic but got 0 results.

jim

I need to replace my fan bracket because the fan clutch somehow became unstable and worked it's way out of the bracket. Is there anything else I should be looking to replace? I have already removed the 4 bolts and 1 nut for the bracket but I cannot get it to come off. Any tips?

I tried to search the forums for old posts on this topic but got 0 results.

jim

I hate to tell you but the fan bracket requires a significant portion of the work needed to change the timing belt. The mounting bolts for the bracket are buried beneath various things attached to the front of the motor. Take a look at this thread. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=39998&hl=

Mark

i just replaced the fan bracket on my friends 92 ls and let me tell you its a !Removed!. I can believe within weeks of each other both of our fan brackets went bad!!!!!!

I could do it quicker if i ever have to do it again but, the first time is tough. So many bolts and covers and other random things to take off. Plus using a small desk lamp as a light is kinda tough! thankfully i had some help.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok you guys this is just uncanny and weird.

So my fan bracket siezed at the beginning of NOV (replaced with new). My friends Fan bracket disintegrated at the end of nov (replaced with used pull a part). Now my mom's fan bracket is dieing and my friends used bracket is going bad too! is that just weird???????

4 brackets all going bad within a month of eachother?

mine went bad and i spent 110 incl shipping. Came from California. I just ordered 2 more(my mom's Ls and my friends LS) from a different seller on ebay from CA as well(first seller ran out of em). Paid 115 each incl shipping. Dealer is around $170+

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-1995-L...28986QQtcZphoto