Gs430, 2001

I've had this car since new and lately I had a problem w/passenger front door not locking. Won't lock manually or w/key remote. NOW, when I shut the motor off and exit the car, as soon as I close the door...ALL the windows open and I have to get back in and manually close them. When this happens, the only way to stop it is to go the the passenger front window and lock it w/ the key then set the alarm.

I am completely baffled here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.... Robert

I've had this car since new and lately I had a problem w/passenger front door not locking. Won't lock manually or w/key remote. NOW, when I shut the motor off and exit the car, as soon as I close the door...ALL the windows open and I have to get back in and manually close them. When this happens, the only way to stop it is to go the the passenger front window and lock it w/ the key then set the alarm.

I am completely baffled here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.... Robert

Is your unlock button sticking on your remote? I know on mine if you hold the unlock button, all of the windows will roll down and the sunroof will open. Just a thought.

You need a door lock actuator. The lock sense switch is sticking in the unlock position and causing the windows to roll down. The external key cylinders are designed to roll down the windows if you hold the key to the unlock position.

Strangely, I find that I cannot operate the windows from the passenger side lock cylinder in my '98 GS300. According to the service data, MY1998 GSx00 should have this feature. I'd be interested to know if others with '98 GS's can do this

Strangely, I find that I cannot operate the windows from the passenger side lock cylinder in my '98 GS300. According to the service data, MY1998 GSx00 should have this feature. I'd be interested to know if others with '98 GS's can do this

My 98 GS300 window feature does not function from passenger side either, only from driver's side.