Shake Rattle And Roll

burke3265

Recently purchased a 1998 LS400 w/60,000 miles, and am very happy. Some questions, about getting a few things fixed and your recommendations:

Seat rocks during braking, like it's loose, just a little tilt back and forth

window door panel loose, rattles, this is where you rest your arm, it is loose possible to tighten?

I've read much about vibrations and I've got one at 80 MPH, nothing at all below that. Dunlop SP5000 tires, and am hoping that they came unbalanced during shipping.

Also want to get whole service record, so am probably going to go to a dealership, can't get this any other way correct?

Do these issues sound like something a dealership SHOULD do? Or do you think a good independant shop could fix my rattles and shakes?

Many thanks!

Well the shake is probably just a misbalanced wheel. I would have them all balanced and rotated. The seat is pretty common and can be repaired by tightening.

My suggestion is take it to Lexus since you're going to go there and get the service history anyways and just let them tighten everything up.