H11 Replacement Headlights

hey i was wondering if anyone has replaced their stock H11 bulbs with anything good on the aftermarket. I have tried a few different lights but nothing comes close to the output of the stock bulbs. I see other cars with bright aftermarket that are not HID and want to know where to get bulbs that are bright and close to the 5000K-6000K output.

hey i was wondering if anyone has replaced their stock H11 bulbs with anything good on the aftermarket. I have tried a few different lights but nothing comes close to the output of the stock bulbs. I see other cars with bright aftermarket that are not HID and want to know where to get bulbs that are bright and close to the 5000K-6000K output.

I went with MTEC super white in my lows,highs,fogs and parking lights.

They're rated a 4350K but they fall a bit short on road illumination versus stock but on the plus side do look bright white instead of that ugly stock yellow.

I was thinking about a MTEC or Xenondepot conversion kit but I've read HID conversion kits stink.You need proper projectors.You must go for the genuine HID set up for the big bucks to do it right.

I'll stay with the MTECS.

The MTEC HID kits work just fine. The HID bulb lines up with the stock projectors and makes a cut off beam just like stock but with much more light output. If you get the newer model MTEC, it comes with a compact ignitor/ballast that's easier to install.

I got mine from Onspire, who sells the genuine Japanese made MTEC's.

http://www.onspire.com/

The MTEC HID kits work just fine. The HID bulb lines up with the stock projectors and makes a cut off beam just like stock but with much more light output. If you get the newer model MTEC, it comes with a compact ignitor/ballast that's easier to install.

I was very interested in the genuine made in Japan MTEC HID kit and was going to buy it from onspire.com which is the same guy on Ebay but I read that the kit will blind oncoming vehicles.

Man,I'm so confused over this.I did some research and didn't find anything really positive.Especially on this site which is a respected site by many.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

I want to do the MTEC conversion but an nervous about the projectors not working well with the kit.You have the kit and have no problems...

I was very interested in the genuine made in Japan MTEC HID kit and was going to buy it from onspire.com which is the same guy on Ebay but I read that the kit will blind oncoming vehicles.

Man,I'm so confused over this.I did some research and didn't find anything really positive.Especially on this site which is a respected site by many.

I want to do the MTEC conversion but an nervous about the projectors not working well with the kit.You have the kit and have no problems...

Daniel Stern has his own axe to grind you know, since he sells lights too. The lights that have problems are when someone puts D2s bulbs in reflector housings. Those bulbs were meant for projectors and when put in reflector housings they scatter light.

Our cars have projectors that really don't care what kind of bulb is in it as long as the filament or gas capsule is centered. The MTEC kits work fine. I know of at least 3 other installations and none have problems. The main thing to watch is that you make sure you seal around the wires with silicone so no moisture gets into the headlights.

I've got marks on my garage wall to Lexus headlight aiming specs. I had set my halogen lights by the specs. After installing the MTEC H11 HID kit, I have exactly the same alignment and beam pattern as before, but I now have a much whiter light.

Daniel Stern has his own axe to grind you know, since he sells lights too. The lights that have problems are when someone puts D2s bulbs in reflector housings. Those bulbs were meant for projectors and when put in reflector housings they scatter light.

Our cars have projectors that really don't care what kind of bulb is in it as long as the filament or gas capsule is centered. The MTEC kits work fine. I know of at least 3 other installations and none have problems. The main thing to watch is that you make sure you seal around the wires with silicone so no moisture gets into the headlights.

I've got marks on my garage wall to Lexus headlight aiming specs. I had set my halogen lights by the specs. After installing the MTEC H11 HID kit, I have exactly the same alignment and beam pattern as before, but I now have a much whiter light.

Thanks so much for the info,Bartkat.

I'm going to order a kit today.I'm going to choose between MTEC and Xenondepot's Xteme kit.

I;m leaning toward Xenondepot because I like having a relay and wire going to the battery.I've read after many startups the OEM light harness may have an issue down the road without a battery line.

The jury is still out,though.:cheers:

You can wire either kit with a relay, but MTEC doesn't include one. It does have the schematic for a relay installation though.

If you go on Ebay and go to "make offer" on the MTEC you can get it for less than the buy it now. I think I offered $200 and they accepted that price.

You can wire either kit with a relay, but MTEC doesn't include one. It does have the schematic for a relay installation though.

If you go on Ebay and go to "make offer" on the MTEC you can get it for less than the buy it now. I think I offered $200 and they accepted that price.

Thanks Bartkat but I bought the Xtreme by Xenondepot for $251 delivered.I talked directly to Steve at XenonDepot and had questions answered by email from Stanley at Onspire.

On another popular Lexus forum,he is well liked and is a sponsor.The kits are popular there and have no problems and Xenondepot has a great customer service policy according to people there.

Not a deal breaker but the Xtreme kit has the extra relay and wire for the battery which is recommended by Steve and by others I've found through some net researching.

Thanks again,though.:cheers:

Let us know how it goes. The guys with XenonDepot kits are also happy with them.

Will do and thanks again for your imput.

Your "The HID bulb lines up with the stock projectors and makes a cut off beam just like stock but with much more light output." statement helped in my decision to go with a kit.I was afraid of a blinding oncoming traffic issue.Although I did read that before but you verified that and when I ordered the kit,Steve at Xenondepot said the same thing. :cheers: