Will My Wheel Set Up Work After Lowering?

old skool

i purchased a set of 18x8 wedsport tc005 with a 40mm offset. i have 225/40 tires on them and i plan on lowering it with eibach sportlines (1.4" drop). i don't have any concern about the rears rubbing, but i am a little worried about the fronts...will i be ok, or will i need to roll the fenders a little bit, or should i just sell them and go with a different offset all together? i don't want to do a different suspension setup because i am completely happy with the look of the drop and the performance of the shocks i purchased as well. thanks for any help!

You should be fine. I have 18x8 on mine, and I run Tein CS coilovers with an inch and a quarter drop, and I haven't had any rubbing issues from lock to lock. The 40 mm offset is just about perfect. But I would make sure that the inch and just under a half is the max drop though. More than that and I think you may start having issues.

You should be fine. I have 18x8 on mine, and I run Tein CS coilovers with an inch and a quarter drop, and I haven't had any rubbing issues from lock to lock. The 40 mm offset is just about perfect. But I would make sure that the inch and just under a half is the max drop though. More than that and I think you may start having issues.

thanks a lot man! i love my wheels...don't want to get rid of them. (rota D2s look damn good on the IS though!)