New Guy Here.. Need Help.

Lexus300Stock

hello, my name is michael and i still have my current truck.. 03 Ford Lightning.. it has a built engine, built transmission, whippled s/c... 650hp, 710 trq... i am about to sell it for a 03-04 Lexus IS300.. the reason i am selling my Lightning is because of GAS.. i only get 6-8mpg... it sucks.. 100 dollars every 3 days of gas... LOL..how rediculious.. aint it.. the reason i am looking for a IS300, because they are a sporty, sharp looking car... i wanna turbo it, built the motor and everything.. hows the gas mileage on the IS300???? but the real reason for this thread is when im looking for a IS300, whats a good year to get? what to look for on PROS/CONS? any defects? any problems with the IS's?? whats a good year for a good price... what not to go over on the price?

any help would be apperciated.. Thanks guys!! i will be on here more often.

-michael

8mpg is great if you're pushing 650hp! as far as the pricing goes on an IS, its all relative to the condition, year, and mileage. just get a rough figure from edmunds.com and a carfax wouldn't hurt either. Just remember the basics as far as what you should look for when buying a used car.

I would say that is a middle of the road deal. It's hard to really say for sure from just looking at a picture. Does the car have scratches and alot of rock chips? Is there any areas of unusual wear and tear? Get the carfax report. Any accidents? Off the report you can see where the car was purchased and registered. Call the dealership and give them the vin number. see if you can get the service history. I would also look at tire wear, and also that car has 56k miles on it. Which means the 60k mile service will be due just after you buy it. So consider that a 600 dollar(ish) expense. Something to maybe haggle the price down with to help offset that.

Any year IS 300 is a great car. 01-02 interiors have bit more plasticy parts in it and no arm rest. Also the cd players are notoriously crap. Other than that, they are great cars. 03 came the arm rest and better dash materials. 04-05 has memory seats, arm rest, in dash compartment with a lid, and the cd player that replaced the junk one they originally used, although they look identical.