Roof Top Cargo Carriers

Does anyone have recomendation for a roof top carrier that will fit my 2008 RX350. I have been looking at Thule, but without putting it on top to test fit, I just wasn't sure which model to get. Anyone have any experience here? I was particular interested to know if it would interfere with the rear door.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have recomendation for a roof top carrier that will fit my 2008 RX350. I have been looking at Thule, but without putting it on top to test fit, I just wasn't sure which model to get. Anyone have any experience here? I was particular interested to know if it would interfere with the rear door.

www.weathertech.com has a great car top carrier for the RX350.

• 1 month later...

www.weathertech.com has a great car top carrier for the RX350.

does anyone know if the weather tech one is real noisy?

• 2 weeks later...

II have a Thule Atlantis 1600 (http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=11&sku=686) and it fit my 2007 RX350 perfectly. I did some research before I purchase the Atlantis 1600. It is the longest roof top cargo box that allow the tail gate to be fully opened. If you will use the cargo box to carry your ski, please make sure you ski can fit in the box.

II have a Thule Atlantis 1600 (http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=11&sku=686) and it fit my 2007 RX350 perfectly. I did some research before I purchase the Atlantis 1600. It is the longest roof top cargo box that allow the tail gate to be fully opened. If you will use the cargo box to carry your ski, please make sure you ski can fit in the box.

From the description I saw on the web page it says it is 76 inches long. How much is hanging over the windshield when you have it in a position that allows the hatch to open? and is this a problem?

• 3 years later...

I have the 2008 RX 400h which is a similar body style. I shopped online and off to find a carrier that would fit and allow my rear hatch to fully open even when it was mounted. Check out pictures of a carrier mounted on a SUV and my research here: the best Lexus cargo carrier for my SUV.