430 Seat And Wheel Move When Door Is Opened

Ezgoin

I have and 02 LS-430 Ultra Luxury. Sometimes when I leave the car running at an idle and open the door to step out, the drivers seat will automatically slide all the way back, and the steering wheel will move up and in. It does this all by itself, and does not return to the preset positions when I get back in and close the door. It only does this once in a while, but I don't know if it's designed to do this, or if it is some kind of malfunction. Anyone have an answer?

I have and 02 LS-430 Ultra Luxury. Sometimes when I leave the car running at an idle and open the door to step out, the drivers seat will automatically slide all the way back, and the steering wheel will move up and in. It does this all by itself, and does not return to the preset positions when I get back in and close the door. It only does this once in a while, but I don't know if it's designed to do this, or if it is some kind of malfunction. Anyone have an answer?

Sounds like it is supposed to do that to facilitate entry, but it should return after the door is closed. Not sure, but a neat feature!

Have you checked to see if one of the three memory buttons is set so that the "the drivers seat will automatically slide all the way back, and the steering wheel will move up and in"?

If so, you may be sometimes be accidentally pressing the memory button that does this.

Some drivers set one of the memory buttons on purpose to do this to make it easlier to get out.

Some new cars (e.g. Infinity) move the seat all the way back when the driver's door is opened - but this is not on the LPS list.