Loose Roof Rack

Mine has (had) that characteristic also. I think it allows one to adjust the racks from one side of the car. Many people on this forum just remove them since they won't be used. Mine were taken off and my gas mileage improved .0001%. :whistles:

There are some posts on the crossbar removal technique if you do a search of this site.

Since you are looking for a roof top carrier and won't remove the rack my previous post is not applicable. I can see why a concern would be had for an unsecure roof rack system if you are carrying bicycles, skis, or luggage.

Have you looked into a towing hitch and then getting the carrying attachments that connect to it?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a similar issue with my 08 RX 350 roof racks. Mine have notches that the cross bars 'lock' into the main bars with (for adjustment), which mine were loose because they were not fully clipped in. No more looseness after securely clipping them in.