Does Anyone Know When The New Navi Dvd Is Coming Out?

Hi Everyone... I'm new to the boards so I apologize if this has already been covered. I have an 06 Lexus IS250 and I'm trying to upgrade my navi DVD. I currently have 5.1 and I heard 7.1 won't work for an IS but there is a new DVD coming for IS. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Hi everyone, I just got my New 2008 IS 250 and I was just curious as I was reading the Forum and I noticed that some people were talking about playing DVD's in their car, I have the Full Navigation System and I am interested in playing DVD's in my car. Is there anyway I can add the DVD feature into my car without spending alot of money? Or is it a feature that can only be added in by the dealership? I should have payed more attention to that detail when I first bought my car.

Thanks,

M.L.

It's out...try Sewell Lexus parts.

HI I TALKED TO LEXUS DEALER TODAY THEY TOLD ME NOT TO GET 7.1 WAIT 2 MONTHS NEW VERSION WILL BE OUT

Version 7.1 is the 2007 update. It just came out in October. I'm not sure why your local dealer told you to wait because the 08 won't be out til next fall. JUSTIN E. There is no reason why 7.1 won't work in your IS.

Hi everyone, I just got my New 2008 IS 250 and I was just curious as I was reading the Forum and I noticed that some people were talking about playing DVD's in their car, I have the Full Navigation System and I am interested in playing DVD's in my car. Is there anyway I can add the DVD feature into my car without spending alot of money? Or is it a feature that can only be added in by the dealership? I should have payed more attention to that detail when I first bought my car.

Thanks,

M.L.

You can only play DVDs if you got the Mark Levinson option (because otherwise your stereo doesn't have a DVD changer, it has a CD changer). Even then you can only play movies if the car is in park unless you hack your wiring (or have an 06 with old navigation firmware)