2000 Lx470 Shocks Leaking

superdawg

Hi all,

First Post. The front end rides rough. Press down on the bumper and i get only about 1" travel, very stiff. Rear has about 3" travel. I plan on replacing all four accumulators when I accumulate enough cash. Has anyone used Texasoil's new accumulator design?

Three of the AHC shocks are wet, so they are probably leaking, most likely due to bad accumulator (pressure spike).

I plan on having my mechanic R/R the parts after I get them.

Where is a good online place to buy the shocks? Will landcruiser AHC shocks work and if so, what year works with the 2000 LX 470?

thanks, Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I have sold over 100 sets of accumulators so far. I would give the struts (shocks) a chance with new accumulators before changing them. If you do change them, I would like the old ones to use as 'cadavers' to see if I can get replacement seals for them.

Hi all,

First Post. The front end rides rough. Press down on the bumper and i get only about 1" travel, very stiff. Rear has about 3" travel. I plan on replacing all four accumulators when I accumulate enough cash. Has anyone used Texasoil's new accumulator design?

Three of the AHC shocks are wet, so they are probably leaking, most likely due to bad accumulator (pressure spike).

I plan on having my mechanic R/R the parts after I get them.

Where is a good online place to buy the shocks? Will landcruiser AHC shocks work and if so, what year works with the 2000 LX 470?

thanks, Tom

Thanks for the reply Texasoil. I had previously emailed your company and you were quick to reply with an answer to my question. I have not done the work yet but am seriously considering your aftermarket accumulators. I suppose I could replace four accumlators and see if the shocks work without leaking/misting too much (save about a grand).

I'm a little annoyed at the complexity/expense of the suspension system but dang, it is such a nice vehicle to ride in. At least I hope it will be when the accumulators get replaced. I shouldn't complain, I bought used at a good price. It is a great ride for the wife and kids.

Leaking shocks may be salvageable. There are several great products used on motorcycle forks that rejuvinate hardened seals. However, IMHO, the first thing to do is replace the flat accumulators. Leakage is not a typical condition for LX struts. Have you replaced the old AHC fluid yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Leaking shocks may be salvageable. There are several great products used on motorcycle forks that rejuvinate hardened seals. However, IMHO, the first thing to do is replace the flat accumulators. Leakage is not a typical condition for LX struts. Have you replaced the old AHC fluid yet?

Sorry for the late reply. Repairing the Lexus is on hold for now. No, I have not changed the AHC fluid. I am the second owner of this car. Replacing the accumulators/fluid is on the list of things to do.