I Get My Motor Mounts Changed All Hell Breaks Out

longball425

I had my motor mounts changed yesterday at the shop. I go to the car and start it and........power steering pump is going nuts. I open the hood and fluid is all over....it was blowing out of the resevoir....what the !!!????

The mechanic takes the car back in and gives the pump a work over...He cleans a filter and does who knows what else. It is fixed just barely so that I can drive it home and not damage it ...(I think).... I have to bring it back in.

I know the pumps/seals going bad is a common problem with these things....mine was leaking a bit on the alternator....I had put about half a bottle of Lucas stop leak in it....still leaked.....I wonder if the additive had something to do with this or if they did something when changing the mounts.....Could this just be a coincidence???

when they raised the engine to change the mounts the rubber hose that connects the resevoir to the pump probably broke because this hose becomes hard and brittle over the years. this has happend to me on both my LS and SC. so really you can blame the shop as its just a result of old age.