Is300 Twinturbo - Fitting

JesperFromDenmark

Hi Guys

Im new here, and Im from Denmark (if anyone knows where that is.. ; - small country en Europe)

- im not new in enginge swaps, tuning and stuff like that.

I signed up here becouse in Denmark we only have 2 (two!!) IS300.. yep.. so there isnt much help to find here..

Ok.. long story short:

I bought an IS300 2003 with the 5 speed aut. tranny, im about to bolt on a TwinTurbo kit from the Supra GTE enginge, i know that the manifold wont fit, but thats not a problem, i worked out that part.

Im also aware that i need to lower the compression, etc..

The question is:

How much power can the aut. gearbox handle (im aiming at 400rwhp) ( I know the engine will hold.. some guys did +750rwhp on stock Supra N/A engine, and its still running, in fact they also pulled 559rwhp from a stock 4AGZE with a turbo enstead of the compressor)

How will all the eletrical systems react to xtra fuel and boost? (I really want the aut. gear-system, trac control, cruise control, etc to work)

Im planning on using the OEM ECU and this xtra fuel ECU : http://webshop.nordicturbo.dk/products/pro...amp;MenuItemID=

(Its a MapFueler system based on MegaSquirt ripoff)

Reason for using the MF2 system instead of any fully pogrammable ECU is that i want to keed all the electrical systems running, like i mentioned; aut. gear-system, trac control, cruise control, etc.

Is the above possible?

Hi Guys

Im new here, and Im from Denmark (if anyone knows where that is.. ; - small country en Europe)

- im not new in enginge swaps, tuning and stuff like that.

I signed up here becouse in Denmark we only have 2 (two!!) IS300.. yep.. so there isnt much help to find here..

Ok.. long story short:

I bought an IS300 2003 with the 5 speed aut. tranny, im about to bolt on a TwinTurbo kit from the Supra GTE enginge, i know that the manifold wont fit, but thats not a problem, i worked out that part.

Im also aware that i need to lower the compression, etc..

The question is:

How much power can the aut. gearbox handle (im aiming at 400rwhp) ( I know the engine will hold.. some guys did +750rwhp on stock Supra N/A engine, and its still running, in fact they also pulled 559rwhp from a stock 4AGZE with a turbo enstead of the compressor)

How will all the eletrical systems react to xtra fuel and boost? (I really want the aut. gear-system, trac control, cruise control, etc to work)

Im planning on using the OEM ECU and this xtra fuel ECU : http://webshop.nordicturbo.dk/products/pro...amp;MenuItemID=

Reason for using the MF2 system instead of any fully pogrammable ECU is that i want to keed all the electrical systems running, like i mentioned; aut. gear-system, trac control, cruise control, etc.

Is the above possible?

Welcome to the LOC. I allways enjoy meeting and hearing about modified cars in other countries.

Im also aware that i need to lower the compression, etc.
Why do you need to lower the compression more? Are you planning on running larger turbos? If so, that set up has sequential turbos not full twin right? So maybe just go with a stage 2 single and leave the compression right where it's at. Your now at or slightly over 400 whp easy. ( of course with an intercooler.)
VHow much power can the aut. gearbox handle (im aiming at 400rwhp)

That's funny, I'm dealing with this very issue right now. The tranny will need to opened up and racebuilt. Upgrade the planetaries, heat treat the sunshell, upgrade the valvebody, and sprags, mill out the pockets for room to add some more clutch packs, boost the pressure and add a tranny cooler. All that should hold up to around 600 rwtq. If you just do the valvebody, sprags, clutchpacks, and tranny cooler, then 400-450 rwtq. And change to AMSOIL ATF.

I can make things much easier for you. Just get the new AEM fic. Retails here in US for less than 500 dollars. I use that as a fully programmable piggy back. What makes this so awsome is that it only alters ignition timing, and fuel control. The stock ecu still does everything else. So I have all the factory goodys and controls. In fact, the idle is even still controlled by the stock ecu!!! Everything works as before.

I'm running stock coils and wires, but I think boosting the coil packs would be a great idea to help produce a larger and stronger spark. And if your using the 3330 spark plugs, you'll need to change them every 3000 miles. So you might want to consider going up to the Denso's or NGK BKR7EIX.

Hey Bartkat, congrats on the super mod promotion!!!! :cheers: Lookin good sportin the new look!!

Thanks. I think they did that so we could knock heads in all the forums. :D

072.gif I guess I had better tread lightly.......LOL!!

And here I thought it was for doing a great job.

smooth1, thanks for youre answer :)

The compression is to high for boosting the original 2JZGE at 16PSI, or am i wrong?

Im going with the TwinTurbo kit, becourse i want boost from low rpm.

Who can make the racebuilt of the tranny?

Thanks for the info on the AEM, actually the MF2 NDT is a fully programmable standalone fueler, but if you have good experience with the AEM, im going with that one, the price is the same.

smooth1, thanks for youre answer :)

The compression is to high for boosting the original 2JZGE at 16PSI, or am i wrong?

Im going with the TwinTurbo kit, becourse i want boost from low rpm.

Thanks for the info on the AEM, actually the MF2 NDT is a fully programmable standalone fueler, but if you have good experience with the AEM, im going with that one, the price is the same.

The compression is to high for boosting the original 2JZGE at 16PSI,
That depends, but I thought your were using the Supra GTE? Which is 9:1 now. Which would be fine for going to 400-450 rwhp. What turbos are you planning on running? And even if you stay with the sequential turbo setup, going to bigger turbos is going to effect the spool time. That's why alot of them just convert to single turbo set ups. If you went with a 60 trim, stage 2 turbo, and stayed at 9:1 compression, you could get over 425 rwhp with 12 psi, spool up at around 27-3000 rpm, and actually pull harder thru the rev range. ( In other words, you would have a higher usable average hp across the rev band.) Just some food for thought.

Well, here in the US, we have a few transmission only shops like Level 10, and IPT. And there are also some race shops that will do transmissions also like Peter Farrell Racing. I costs alot of cash though. I just bought a Level 10 auto tranny and torque converter online as a super deal for 2200 US dollars. If you were to go to Level 10, it would cost 4400 for the race build, plus freight there and back, and another 900 for the custom torque converter. IPt will do it for $3675.00 and $495.00 torque converter, plus freight there and back. From what I understand, these are the only 2 places that I know of anyway, that know how to deal with 1st and 2nd gear on these tranny's, along with 3rd, 4th and 5th. I guess that Toyota did something different with the 1st and 2nd gear that they aren't really 2 seperate gears. So that's why the IS 300 slides from 1st to 2nd so quickly.

You being in Denmark though, I think puts these shops out of your reach, unless money is no object. I'm sure there has to be a shop in Denmark that does similar work.

Thanks for the info on the AEM, actually the MF2 NDT is a fully programmable standalone fueler, but if you have good experience with the AEM, im going with that one, the price is the same

Well, I'm not familiar with the MF2 NDT, but I can tell you that the AEM is the godsend answer for VVti, VTEC, it supports MAG and HALL type sensors, and the absolute best thing I found about the AEM is that you can adjust the injector pulse width, which means you can run larger fuel injectors and still maintain the correct air/fuel ratios. So you can tap into the factory injector signal and independantly control the injectors. Very nice if your looking to get some real hp out. THe AEM is the only one that I know of that lets you do that.

Thanks again..

Im not using the GTE engine, im using the original 2JZGE, and therefore im changing the head gasket to a 2mm metal-type.

Im planning to go for the original GTE TwinTurbos, im just changing the manifold a bit to fit.

There is NO ONE in Denmark there can do the tranny work.. no one has ever had that type of tranny open..

- remember.. there is ONE IS300 in Denmark.. no more ;)

WOW!!,, Sorry to hear that. Can you find someone to do a vavlebody upgrade? I might be able to get my hands on one and have it shipped to you. I can also get you custom torque converter. Which these are the 2 bare minimum things you will need. I have a little over 400 whp, and the torrque converter just laughs at me, I'm starting to have problems with it already, and the tranny has trouble shifting when I put about half throttle on it.