True Or Just Rumor? Lexus Will Have A New Small Suv To Take On The Bm

True Or Just Rumor? Lexus Will Have A New Small Suv To Take On The Bmw X3.

Over heard in the Lexus showroom today. The "guy" said it will come out next spring as a 2009 model. Based on the Toyota V-6 RAV4 but with the Lexus touch. I'm looking at the RX350 but will wait for this smaller model if it is true. Anybody?

True Or Just Rumor? Lexus Will Have A New Small Suv To Take On The Bmw X3.

Over heard in the Lexus showroom today. The "guy" said it will come out next spring as a 2009 model. Based on the Toyota V-6 RAV4 but with the Lexus touch. I'm looking at the RX350 but will wait for this smaller model if it is true. Anybody?

Since the HL has now been ENLARGED, and there is such a great "commonality of parts" between the two I fully suspect that the RX series will soon follow.

That clearly leaves a gap, opening, in Lexus' product line which could most easily be filled via a Lexus version of the RAV4...

And maybe an RAV4h/AX225h soon to follow...??

1.6L I4 using the Miller Cycle..??

Supercharging via a positive displacement SC driven by yet another(***) variable frequency AC inverter/motor.

NO throttle valve, SC could simply idle along only supplying throttling of the airflow, virtaully no boost, unless the driver asks for.....POWER.

*** Virtual duplicate of the A/C compressor motor/inverter.

Very rarely do I read a wwest post without rolling my eyes...totally useless information thats of no interest to anybody.

Anyways yes I have heard that Lexus will be coming out with a smaller SUV to slot in below the RX and compete with the BMWX3, the Acura RDX, and the upcoming Infiniti EX. No idea when, we've seen no spy shots or anything. My guess is 2010. If you are planning to purchase now I wouldn't wait.

Very rarely do I read a wwest post without rolling my eyes...totally useless information thats of no interest to anybody.

Anyways yes I have heard that Lexus will be coming out with a smaller SUV to slot in below the RX and compete with the BMWX3, the Acura RDX, and the upcoming Infiniti EX. No idea when, we've seen no spy shots or anything. My guess is 2010. If you are planning to purchase now I wouldn't wait.

These are what I just found:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plu...idg=1&idi=1

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109352