Just Traded My 07 Ls460 For An 08

Decided to trade my 07 LS for an identical 08 except for color. Was scheduled to go in for the wind noise TSB on my 07 and just went ahead and made a deal for a new one. Only had 8500 miles but the deal they gave me was a no brainer and went with it. So far the only difference I feel is what appears to be an even smoother, quieter ride but will report back after a few more miles. By the way, no more need to press on the "Agree" button on the navigation screen, just a quick message apprears regarding safety and then you're good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I am in the very same position as you. I have been offered a deal too and I am just wondering how sweet it is. I have issues with brake noise and wind noise and rough transmission shifting that will NOT go away. The 2008 I test drove seems to have brake noise as well but the ride and wind noise seems to be much better. Are you noticing any issues on brake noise with your 2008?

That makes no sense. In the braking system you have a pad and you have a rotor. The only two things that connect. If you're getting noise it has something to do with one or the other.

Did you have the rotors resurfaced when you replaced the pads?

I am in the very same position as you. I have been offered a deal too and I am just wondering how sweet it is. I have issues with brake noise and wind noise and rough transmission shifting that will NOT go away. The 2008 I test drove seems to have brake noise as well but the ride and wind noise seems to be much better. Are you noticing any issues on brake noise with your 2008?

Never had a brake noise issue but do think my 08 drives better and is quieter than my former 07. I brought it in for a chaterring noise coming from the headliner (in front of sunroof) and the dealer seems to have solved that issue however, I notice some occasional popping noises coming from the windshield area close to the dash. Since I'm in a cold climate this time of the year, I'll wait for the warmer weather and see if this quiets down since the cold can bring out all sorts of strange noises and such in automobiles.

Decided to trade my 07 LS for an identical 08 except for color. Was scheduled to go in for the wind noise TSB on my 07 and just went ahead and made a deal for a new one. Only had 8500 miles but the deal they gave me was a no brainer and went with it. So far the only difference I feel is what appears to be an even smoother, quieter ride but will report back after a few more miles. By the way, no more need to press on the "Agree" button on the navigation screen, just a quick message apprears regarding safety and then you're good to go.