Navigation And Hands Free Overide 08-rx350

Does anyone no a work around for Navigation and hands free phone operations for 08-rx350?

Thanks,

Bill

Here's another option as generally there isn't much differences in wiring between Toyota/Lexus models. I stumbled upon this the other day...

There are several options out there to circumvent the problem, which include:

- making a hybrid 5.1 / 6.1 DVD, retaining the older configuration files (very difficult)

- building a mock speed sensor generator to replace the VSS connection to the NAV unit (difficult, but can be done for $50 by the author, and as far as I know works on the 2007 Tundra. I am building one for my 2007 Camry, as most likely uses the same wiring harnesses. I don't know if this will work with older models, but you sure can try. THIS VOIDS WARRANTIES!!) Once I get this finished on my new camry, I'm going to try on my 2005 ES330 as well, as I don't like to use the bypass method.

Here's the website to the VSS emulator:

http://www.pinemountainfirearms.com/pmf/tundramods/

and click the "NAV Speed Pulse Generator" link.

I'll keep you posted on my progress on this.

-TIM

I have an 08 RX 350, and this worked for me. I bought the Lock pick 3.

Their e-mail response is usually slow to non-existent, so I found calling to be the best way to contact them.

http://www.coastaletech.com/lockpick3.htm

Thank You ZZ4,

Bill

How was the Install?

The Nav override is a simple plug and play. The Nav unit is under the rear cargo area floor, next to the plastic Jack, Lug wrench, etc. tray.

The unit for the Phone and Audio is also plug and play, but the radio and Nav screen have to be removed to get at the wires.

Again, not really difficult, but more involved than just the Nav override.

Their e-mail response is usually slow to non-existent, so I found calling to be the best way to contact them.

Thank You ZZ4,

Bill

How was the Install?

The Nav override is a simple plug and play. The Nav unit is under the rear cargo area floor, next to the plastic Jack, Lug wrench, etc. tray.

The unit for the Phone and Audio is also plug and play, but the radio and Nav screen have to be removed to get at the wires.

I was interested in the Ultimate LockPick 3, which supposedly does everything except wash your shirts, but after watching their install video which required taking apart the entire front of the audio/video console, I got spooked. I am not Joe Handy, and unless this was done by an experienced audio after-market tech guy, I wouldn't chance it myself. In addition, is it all that important that we have input info while driving? I just got the dealer to install the new 7.1 software for free. The car was only a month old, and they did it as a goodwill gesture.

Thank You ZZ4,

Bill

How was the Install?

The Nav override is a simple plug and play. The Nav unit is under the rear cargo area floor, next to the plastic Jack, Lug wrench, etc. tr

I was interested in the Ultimate LockPick 3, which supposedly does everything except wash your shirts, but after watching their install video which required taking apart the entire front of the audio/video console, I got spooked. I am not Joe Handy, and unless this was done by an experienced audio after-market tech guy, I wouldn't chance it myself. In addition, is it all that important that we have input info while driving? I just got the dealer to install the new 7.1 software for free. The car was only a month old, and they did it as a goodwill gesture.