Before I Buy My New 2008 Ls 460 Swb

Before I take delivery of my new 2008 LS 460 SWB, I am going to have the dealer install the "wind noise fix," the "transmission hesitation fix" and upgrade the software to version 7.1. Will all those apply to the 2008 model? Is there anything else you'd recommend I ask the dealer to do before I take delivery? Thanx for your input.

Before I take delivery of my new 2008 LS 460 SWB, I am going to have the dealer install the "wind noise fix," the "transmission hesitation fix" and upgrade the software to version 7.1. Will all those apply to the 2008 model? Is there anything else you'd recommend I ask the dealer to do before I take delivery? Thanx for your input.

What does the software upgrade change?

Please drive the car some--especially on the highway/acceleration ramps to make sure ou can live with the transmission. I still am not happy with the "clunk/thud" generated with downshifts at highway speeds...but otherwise I have been relativley happy with the car after the two "fixes" you have mentioned.

Please drive the car some--especially on the highway/acceleration ramps to make sure ou can live with the transmission. I still am not happy with the "clunk/thud" generated with downshifts at highway speeds...but otherwise I have been relativley happy with the car after the two "fixes" you have mentioned.

I think my 08 drives so much better than my 07, not sure why it just seems to feel better. I do have the sunroof chattering again although I know it's an easy fix for my dealer. Drive the 08 and you'll fall in love with this car!!!

I think my 08 drives so much better than my 07, not sure why it just seems to feel better. I do have the sunroof chattering again although I know it's an easy fix for my dealer. Drive the 08 and you'll fall in love with this car!!!

Software Update for Nvigation System

• 1 month later...

Through various web searches, I was at least aware of the "wind noise problem." I asked the dealer about it, and he said he was unaware of any such problem in the '08 (for what that's worth). Still somewhat suspicious, I did freeway test drives twice to check out the individual vehicle, found no problem, and there haven't been any wind issues since delivery. As for the "transmission hesitation" issue, I haven't noticed any thumps and bumps, but there seems to be some quirkiness in changing its mind about downshifts occasionally. My 460 was delivered with ver.07.1 nav software. (Oddly, it then seems to then provide for a wireless map update that starts when you press the "I agree" button, without any description of what you are agreeing to...)

This is a sample size of one, but it might provide some minor reassurance.