Check Engine Light

Is there any way to turn off the check engine light other that going to the dealer. Yesterday when I started the car, the light for check engine, the master warning light, the traction control light, and the warning message CHECK VSC. I called the dealer and they requested that I remove and replace the gas cap and see what happens over the next 24 hours. :( :(

I agree, there could be something seriously wrong with the car, but I also know that the dealer will find the most expensive problem and try to sucker you in. If you believe that there's nothing wrong with your car other then the lights going on. You could try to unhook the battery over night so that your system can reset and hook it back up the next day and see what happens.

I agree, there could be something seriously wrong with the car, but I also know that the dealer will find the most expensive problem and try to sucker you in. If you believe that there's nothing wrong with your car other then the lights going on. You could try to unhook the battery over night so that your system can reset and hook it back up the next day and see what happens.

Most IS350's are under warranty since none are over two years old now.