Ls Transmission

I have a 2007 LS 460L. Its a great car but the tranny flares when shifting between first and second gear and also between second and third. It does not seem as bad when the vehicle is cold. Anyone else experiencing this, it drives me crazy.

When i don't use the 94 octane my transmission shifts like a 16 year old, and it takes forever because the timing is retarded from the octane.

Thanks, I'm not sure what the octane rating is but I will try using 94 and see if it helps. The dealer says that the flare is normal but I am not happy with it. On another note, have you driven a 08 with the air suspension yet? the 07 460L was not available with that option when I purchased it and the car does have a little more body lean than I like. I wondered if the air ride would tighten it up a little - I'm coming out of a 2001 Ls with the sport suspension which did handle a little better that the new one

There is a warranty fix for this. Tell your dealer to see TSIB (Technical Service Information Bulletin) TC009-07 and get them to install it for you. Here's a link to other bulletins: http://www.lambros.net/2007LS460L/tsib/

I did have the TC009-07 update and it curred the hesitation or "burp" when accelerating from a complete stop. The transmission still "flares" ( rpm's increase over the shift point by 300-400 and then settle out) It only happens between 1st and 2nd and then between 2nd and 3rd. It does not happen as much when vehicle is cold. Any ideas? Thanks for the help